Shooting In The Rain?

That knob is most likely the diopter adjustment. The rubber eye cup around the view finder should just slide off (push it up).

Thanks, that worked. What's the diopter adjustment for, I don't think that was in my manual anywhere.

Thanks, that worked. What's the diopter adjustment for, I don't think that was in my manual anywhere.
There should be something in the manual on it (probably not much more than a short paragraph though), basically it lets you adjust the viewfinder a little in case you have bad eyes.

I know a shop owner in town here and he let me borrow a DA* 50-135 to take out in the rain with my K10.

It's such a strange, almost unnerving feeling to stand out in pouring rain with $1800 in precision photography gear and not care at all. The reactions from other pedestrians is great too. One guy even yelled to me "What the hell are you doing?".

If you had actually looked for it you would have found it on page 36 of your manual, FDSA....

CanonXSi-diopter.jpg

I bought a rain cover from these folks for my K100D ...

http://www.fotosharp.com/

One nice thing, they have a 15 day free trial period so you can try 'em before paying.

Most reactions

Back