Shooting Kids in public places

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a basic natural response. Animals react the same way.

Kolia yes it is slightly risky. But the chances of serious injury are incredibly low, and we all take much larger risks every day for much lower rewards.

For example, biking to the grocery store for ice cream is vastly more likely to result in injury but nobody would admonish me about that risk at all.

Have any type of sexual offense attached to your name will seriously limit your freedom.

There are no gradation of these offenses as far as the public is concerned.

These things will limit the places you can live. Anywhere you move, a card announcing you and the fact that your a listed as a sex offender will be sent by the local sherif. Good luck getting a new job or traveling abroad.

It's just a huge mess.

I'm not implying any thing about you personally. Don't get upset !

Kolia yes it is slightly risky. But the chances of serious injury are incredibly low, and we all take much larger risks every day for much lower rewards.

For example, biking to the grocery store for ice cream is vastly more likely to result in injury but nobody would admonish me about that risk at all.

Not a valid arguement there. You biking to the store only involves yourself. Taking pictures of someone elses children involves the kid and the parents.

Photographing is perceived as "threat" when looking is not. Interesting, isn't it?

Obviously looking can also be seen as a threat, sometimes. The point is there are circumstances in which:

- looking -> no threat
- photographing -> threat

Not a valid arguement there. You biking to the store only involves yourself. Taking pictures of someone elses children involves the kid and the parents.

First of all biking does not just involve me... if a car hits me, that person will be racked with guilt their whole life. Or I could run into a pedestrian etc.

And the photography does involve the kid and parent but does NOT involve any risk to their well being.

So its kind of actually the opposite. Not only is biking a higher risk for me but also a higher risk for others! And yet nobody bats an eyelash at it

[

First of all biking does not just involve me... if a car hits me, that person will be racked with guilt their whole life.

I think that is an unreasonable expectation! ME? I would back up and go again, just to make sure I got you! ;) :lmao:

First of all biking does not just involve me... if a car hits me, that person will be racked with guilt their whole life. Or I could run into a pedestrian etc.

And the photography does involve the kid and parent but does NOT involve any risk to their well being.

So its kind of actually the opposite. Not only is biking a higher risk for me but also a higher risk for others! And yet nobody bats an eyelash at it

I see it as Basic Courtesy and showing Respect to the parents and child... but apparently you don't "GET" that....

Have any type of sexual offense attached to your name will seriously limit your freedom.

There are no gradation of these offenses as far as the public is concerned.

These things will limit the places you can live. Anywhere you move, a card announcing you and the fact that your a listed as a sex offender will be sent by the local sherif. Good luck getting a new job or traveling abroad.

It's just a huge mess.

I'm not implying any thing about you personally. Don't get upset !

You have to be convicted. Which I wouldn't be, because im not doing anything even remotely illegal, there are always tons of third party witnesses, and I have access to some very good legal counsel if needed. I cant even think of any grounds on which I could be (lawfully) arrested in the first place.

This is even lesd of a risk IMO than being mortally wounded, and not the slightest bit worth living in fear over.

Cgipson, that's fine, but there is a long tradition of candid street photography, and it is clear that a great many people do not view it as particularly disrespectful. Its not an objective reality that I "just am not getting." Its an opinion that I disagree with, as do many others (not necessarily most. Just many). Im not sure theres anything else to say about it than that, since you dont seem interested in any sort of actual disvussion on this point in terms of philosophical principles etc. ...other than just stating your position multiple times.

There you go again mixing what is "legal" and what is the right thing to do.

THAT post was legal because I was responding to a person making a legal argument. Sheez.

As youll see in multiple previous posts, I also see no reason why it is immoral, not according to any major, mainstream religions or philosophical tenets I can think of. If you care to point some out then we could go somewhere more interesting and productive.

Sorry for the triple post. smartphone is hard to work with.

Anyway, also, I find it pretty absurd for you to be lecturing me on respectfulness, cgipson, when you post things like this:

[

First of all biking does not just involve me... if a car hits me, that person will be racked with guilt their whole life.

I think that is an unreasonable expectation! ME? I would back up and go again, just to make sure I got you! ;) :lmao:

Hm, let's see, which is more disrespectful?

A) Photographing a kid without permission? or
B) Telling somebody that you would be glad to see them die from traumatic internal injuries (and would like to help perpetuate those injuries), without any provocation other than them politely disagreeing with you on an internet forum?

Cgipson, that's fine, but there is a long tradition of candid street photography, and it is clear that a great many people do not view it as particularly disrespectful. Its not an objective reality that I "just am not getting." Its an opinion that I disagree with, as do many others (not necessarily most. Just many). Im not sure theres anything else to say about it than that, since you dont seem interested in any sort of actual disvussion on this point in terms of philosophical principles etc. ...other than just stating your position multiple times.

I believe most street photography I have seen was of adults.. some children, usually multiple... yes... but mostly adults. And the best street photography I have seen shows the subjects respectfully.

And it it the jerks that shoot that genre that has given photography much of the invasive "bad" reputation it has! You sound just like a papparazi trying to justify what they do... I suppose that style of shooting is OK with you too?

Sorry for the triple post. smartphone is hard to work with.

Anyway, also, I find it pretty absurd for you to be lecturing me on respectfulness, cgipson, when you post things like this:

[

Hm, let's see, which is more disrespectful?

A) Photographing a kid without permission? or
B) Telling somebody that you would be glad to see them die from traumatic internal injuries (and would like to help perpetuate those injuries), without any provocation other than them politely disagreeing with you on an internet forum?

Oh.. but I was joking.. didn't you see the smileys? (gosh... where is that sarcasm font when you need it?) lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back