shooting landscapes and sample work

rakess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to photography and just got a D60. Well I am leaving to Arizona soon for a tour of the canyons and was wondering if I could have any tips on shooting canyons, or more in general, landscapes.
Now I also wanted to have comments on some of my photos, I only shot once with the D60 so far, but also wanted to show you a shot from a panasonic lumix I was using. Comments and suggestions are really appreciated as I am new to photography and eager to learn.
So here are the pictures:
Shot with my D60:
butterflywingsopenxf5.jpg

butterflyonbranchex6.jpg

Shot with a lumix:
p1000733pn9.jpg
(sorry if its sideways)

Thanks for watching and reading!

Edit: more pics from a new photoshoot:
nicegreentreesu0.jpg

Light shining through trees:
lightshiningthroughtreegr1.jpg

another sideways one... Imageshack keeps on spinning my pictures, any advice to put it the right way?
lightshiningthroughtreeyx7.jpg

thanks again!

Last edited:
i LOVE the last photo :)
Thanks a lot! I actually got really lucky and saw the cloud start passing over, so I got the bottom of it to be dark and the rest of it to be lighter.
Thanks for the nice comment!

I like #3. But now my head is stuck like I didnt drink my V8. :) heh heh.

First is flat and little saturation. Might be fixed in PP

Second is better. Has nice DOF. But missed one wing that straight on to camera. Unfortunate but it happens.

Make that D60 work! :)

As to the Canyons. Understand that the light may often be harsh. If you can shoot when overcast all the better. Also try to shoot raw so you can saturate and tweak in raw later.

Look to be spot metering multiple locations through a canyon seen and average it out.

Cheers. :)

i agree, i love 3
u got urself a natural gradient goin for ya =D

Last photo is really nice, but somehow I feel something is amiss. :lol:

Yes, I know op said it might be sideways. hey op... rather than say it's sideways, fix the silly thing. :)

As to the Canyons. Understand that the light may often be harsh. If you can shoot when overcast all the better. Also try to shoot raw so you can saturate and tweak in raw later.

Look to be spot metering multiple locations through a canyon seen and average it out.

Cheers. :)

Thanks for the advice, quick question, what does metering multiple locations mean?

Thanks to all for the nice and quick feedback on my photos! It is really appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back