Shopping?

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm in a city on vacation right now, and they have several camera stores. I figured while I'm here I might as well do a bit of shopping then :D But, haven't a clue what should come first.

Right now I have my Canon EOS T2 body, a 28 to 90 mm zoom lens and a haze UV filter. That's it.

Are some prime lenses more important right now than some additional filters?

I'd say that a 50mm prime lens is a bit of a must have. Filters are a nice thing to have, especially a circular polariser and perhaps a UV filter. If you do B&W then a red filter is a good thing to get.

Other than that, it's all about your budget really!

Rob

Thanks guys :) That's kind of what I was leaning towards. I was eyeing polarizing filters today at a Black's photography, and they weren't really expensive. How do you tell quality for filters though, without actually using them and comparing prints.. Do you just go by brand name for things like that?

Yep, I tend to go for manufacturer own-brand (which tends to be another manufacturer rebranded actually) or Hoya, but it probably doesn't make a tremendous difference with normal colour and UV filters. B+W have a good rep, as do Cokin.

Try a cheap system to see which you'll like. I think the last square system I used was a Lee filters one... Having just looked on B&H, they're not that cheap actually!!

Rob
p.s. Get a 50mm f1.8!!!

Okay, so I got a 50mm 1.8 :) and still got a couple new filters.

I bought some different kinds for the two different lenses now, and was thinking of getting some stepping rings to be able to use all my filters on both lenses. Is this worth my while, or no?

Most reactions

Back