What's new

Shot of espresso

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
14,593
Reaction score
1,239
Location
Cedar Hill, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sort of.


IMG_9678 by J E, on Flickr


Not 100% happy with it, but I think it's better than my last attempt.

I have my ideas of what can be improved, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thinks.
 
I like it.. but find the shadow distracting. Move the shadow behind it, and diffuse it some and it could be a sweet shot.
 
I shot this with a snooted flash directly above the cup... I think I could tape some tissue paper or something to the front of the snoot, and move it towards the front. I may try that.
 
Minor thing, but I think I would prefer it on a solid white surface, no pattern on the tablecloth. I like the simplicity of the beans being the only color.
 
I find the grounds distracting. but then I'm old. Ed
 
Minor thing, but I think I would prefer it on a solid white surface, no pattern on the tablecloth. I like the simplicity of the beans being the only color.
It's actually a plate, and not the right kind of plate either - that's been bugging me too, lol! I think I agree on the solid white part though.


oldhippy - The grounds, I added to show that it was a fine grind - for espresso. I see your point though. I'll try a "clean" version next time.
 
Oh jeez, it is a plate, isn't it? I just hope that was about me being tired and not about me needing glasses ;)
 
I actually like the coffee grounds. To me it adds to the photo, of course I am a noob but that is my opinion. Like the photo.
 
ok....so... I love food photography, spent a fair amount of time just shooting food....and of course JMO!

we agreed that a white plate would be better.
wb is off. lighting is not good.
Lighting in the food photography is not that easy and I learned so much just learning how to light food. you should see my reflectors for food :)
and, probably it's a matter of a taste but I don't like this cup with the coffee beans. colors just don't match. coffee should be warm and inviting and their color is warm...but this metal cup thing is cold and grey.

I actually edited the photo before I realized that your photos are not ok to edit :)

If you have some specific question, maybe I could help, maybe :) I just love this type of photography
 
wb is off.
My WhiBal card disagrees with you. ;)
(WB pretty much looks dead on to me too.)

The cup is glass, btw, not metal. Though the handle is metal.


I think I have an idea of how it should look, but I just don't have the right kind of dishes for what I have in mind. The plate in this photo just doesn't look right - I agree there. I think the cup would look better with better lighting.
 
wb is off.
...but this metal cup thing is cold and grey.
wb is off.
My WhiBal card disagrees with you. ;)
(WB pretty much looks dead on to me too.)

The cup is glass, btw, not metal. Though the handle is metal.

I thought this metal handle thing, but I couldn't remember the exact word at the moment... at least I know that the cup is glass :)

as for wb thing...then I have some issues with monitor, I calibrated it few days ago and from calibration I just have problems...
 
wb is off.
My WhiBal card disagrees with you. ;)
(WB pretty much looks dead on to me too.)

The cup is glass, btw, not metal. Though the handle is metal.


I think I have an idea of how it should look, but I just don't have the right kind of dishes for what I have in mind. The plate in this photo just doesn't look right - I agree there. I think the cup would look better with better lighting.

Agreed... WB is pretty much dead on....
 
as for wb thing...then I have some issues with monitor, I calibrated it few days ago and from calibration I just have problems...
This is a shot from this morning:


IMG_9710 by J E, on Flickr

Does that look 'off' to you? (It should be exactly right - if it's not, something is up with your monitor.)
 
oh yeah...something is not right....


$10229984456_acae42662mmc_c.webp


and thank you for posting this/helping me
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom