Shots from Maine

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pictures taken during our visit to Maine the week before July 4th. What a nice quiet place to visit and relax for a week. Full of picturesque sites, warm sun, cool ocean breeze, and great seafood. All the pictures were taken either with Tmax 100 B&W or AFGA Optima 100. My lab processed and scanned the film.

1) Bug Light in Portland. One of the smallest light but oh so cute.

60156865.jpg

2) Spring Point light in Portland taken half way up the rock path. At first glance from a distance it doesn't seem too far but it took a full 20-30 mins to hop from one large rock to the next and reach the base of the light. Very fun to go see.

60156833.jpg

3a) Nubble light in York. One of the most beautiful lights in Maine. You can't access it but its very close to the shore and can be viewed from the rocks nearby. I took shots b&w and midroll changed to get the colored shots.

60156791.jpg

3b)

60156855.jpg

3c)

60156772.jpg

4a) Head light, Portland Probably one of the most well known light houses in Maine. Unfortunately, we arrived to see it at sundown and did not have much light to work with. Set on a tripod and took a few long exposures.

60156850.jpg

4b) I quickly swapped to my D30 and took a shot in the same manner. I posted this picture last week sometime but just figured I'll post it again so you can see it in comparison to the above taken on B&W 35mm

59166637.jpg

5) Cute boats docked at Perkin's Cove, Ogunquit.

60156766.jpg

6) From the pathway to a beach in Ogunquit

60156745.jpg

7a) Off the pathway and down some rocks is a somewhat hidden small cove. My wife and I spent a couple hours there just enjoying the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. Ah so nice.

60156738.jpg

7b)

60156703.jpg

8) Someone with a sense of humor near Kennebunkport was setting rocks on end. We found several and thought it was a funny sight. Thats my wife soaking up the sight of the boats and yahts in not too far off shore.

60156837.jpg

9a) Here's a few shots I liked taken by my wife with her Minolta point-n-shoot ( Kodak hi-def 100 ). Yup thats me!

60156688.jpg

60156693.jpg

60156699.jpg

My cousin and I shooting on the beach.
60156822.jpg

Can't wait to get back to Maine. Thanks for lookin! Comments are always welcome.

Wow, what a beautiful place! I think that 3a is my favorite, but they are all wonderful. Great work, can't wait to see more!

Nice shots. I love 3b, the contrast was great! I was just up in York at Short sands beach last weekend.

Awe... thanks for all the comments.... I had a blast shooting them. You all help me keep motivated and experimenting.

The entire trip was very very bright sun. Great for the us but it was difficult to shoot. Whenever possible I used a polarizer. Helps quite a bit. I've learned that polarizer can be very very handy.

as a person living in Maine for the last 30yrs I think u have represented the magnificent sites we have to offer VERY!!!! respectfully..... u have a wonderful eye for our natural coastline A+ :D

I really like the first shot. Especially with the person standing there looking upwards. The photo makes me wanting more, a good photo story documenting the relationship of the person to the light house.

Great work :)

Hi,

Have grown up and live on and off most of my life in MAine I always find it interesting to see what people take photos of when they come visit.

Shooting Portland Head is one of my favorite past-times,the last time I took photos of Portland Head it was -43 out during a morning sunrise.

Usayit , the next time you come you should take a ride inland there are some great areas to photo espicially the Western Mountains and the Sebago Lake Region.

Cheers

Normally I go for b/w - but this time 4b blew me away - very nice work

Most reactions

Back