Shots over the weekend. C&C welcome

ebzonix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I tried posting this in the gallery thread but because I consider myself still a beginner I will post in her for more critiques. I edited with curves (first time).
6843155941_1107ed75c4_z.jpg

f/7.1 1/125 ISO 100
6843156697_67b8fed1b4_z.jpg

f/5.6 1/80 ISO 800
6843157179_91f36c9c6c_z.jpg
\
f/8.0 1/160 ISO 100

I can also provide the originals.

Not a pro or anything but here are my thought.
- I like the first one best. Exposure is better than the last photo and I'm not sure what's going on in number 2. The roof looks a little too sharp but that might be its texture.
- last one looks a little too bright or over exposed.

Photographing people in general in harsh sunlight is very difficult because the dynamic range of the scene is beyond that of that camera. The highlights get blown out and the shadowd are underexposed.
It is doubly difficult to shoot dark-skinned people in this environment because, in an attempt to get good detail, the photographer will raise the shadows and the skin will often become grainy and unnaturally colored.

These aren't well exposed because the conditions don't allow for it and that overshadows any compositional issues.
Get the subjects in an open shade or less contrasty environment and then post more pictures.

Lew

Thank you, I will try to shoot the same. The environment we were in was all white ground and walls, on the top of a parking structure, so I figured I'd get good fill but it was a very sunny day too. Thanks again for the helpful tips.

I think it might be better if I post the originals, unedited.

work on the composition. people in nice places and nice poses. Some people will tell you to just start clicking away. I started with film as a kid. shots had to be done when things looked right. With digital you can shoot and shoot but if you don't work on composition you'll start getting nice images but they just won't have that great look. The first image is nice, just watching cutting off the top of her head. Keep working on learning the camera, watch some Youtube videos on how to take pictures and practice. Learn some good editing software like... Photoshop (expensive), PhotoImpact 13 is available for about $99 and is a wonderful package. Better than than some others like Paint shop.

Thank you, I will try to shoot the same. The environment we were in was all white ground and walls, on the top of a parking structure, so I figured I'd get good fill but it was a very sunny day too. Thanks again for the helpful tips.

I think it might be better if I post the originals, unedited.

Most of the time with most women, straight on shots make them look blocky and heavy.
Look for angles, etc.

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back