Shots with my Holga

Bauhaus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
file0072.jpg

file0074.jpg

file0071.jpg

Fujicolor 400 120mm

Color film with Holga is fun! :D And I would agree with the film speed choice: they seem happy with faster speed.

Orie, did you see these? :wink:

You have excellent vignetting with your Holga, Bauhaus. Very nice work. The first shot in particular boasts a sharp lens with a wide "sweet spot". Now, if you can, leave the neighborhood and try to capture something with more compelling visual interest. I'm really impressed with your film choice and your lens (some Holga users would kill for this much vignetting) but your subject matter is a little drab. Try somewhere else, and please post here! :D

Ok...I only first HEARD the word Holga, like, two weeks ago here on TPF (and since then I've heard it a lot) and now I'm starting to want one!

terri said:
Color film with Holga is fun! :D And I would agree with the film speed choice: they seem happy with faster speed.

Orie, did you see these? :wink:

You have excellent vignetting with your Holga, Bauhaus. Very nice work. The first shot in particular boasts a sharp lens with a wide "sweet spot". Now, if you can, leave the neighborhood and try to capture something with more compelling visual interest. I'm really impressed with your film choice and your lens (some Holga users would kill for this much vignetting) but your subject matter is a little drab. Try somewhere else, and please post here! :D

Please I'll take care of all the problems...

these were just test shots to see what problems this holga has... Now that I know how it reacts I can use it to make good photos... I picked her up for $20 off craigslist. I really couldnt choose the film because the guy only had this type at his place $5 friggen dollars; I told him to give me the cheapest film he has, so now i'm gonna get the same from B&H. This is my first time ever using anything else besides 35mm, I didnt even know how to wind it on a spool because I'm spoiled with the Canon Elan 7e. Thanks for the comments now i'm happy I got this camera.

core_17 said:
Ok...I only first HEARD the word Holga, like, two weeks ago here on TPF (and since then I've heard it a lot) and now I'm starting to want one!

Don't worry Core, me too. Somebody here, on tpf, wrote something about holga and now, I'd like to know how does it look like :)

And "vignetting" means this black border that makes the photo seem to be taken through a hole in a cardboard box?

Is it a feature that is common to Holga cameras?
Or is it something special about this one?
Or can you have it or leave it?
Or do you put the "vignette" on afterwards, through PhotoShop or so?

http://shop.lomography.com/microsites/holga/

"And "vignetting" means this black border that makes the photo seem to be taken through a hole in a cardboard box?"
Yes

"Is it a feature that is common to Holga cameras?"
Yes

"Or is it something special about this one?"
The holga is probably one of the shittest cameras ever made, it uses a plastic lens, its a "toy" camera. All of them do different things and are known for light leaks so you have to tape the seams.

Or can you have it or leave it?
It comes with a frame so you dont get the vignetting. but the whole point is to get that vingetting.

Another question...after a little searching on the net..I'm guessing it is a fixecd focus? I see that it is a medium format camera. I know nothing about that kinda thing. Can anyone give me some info on this subject (SORRY FOR HIJACKING THIS THREAD!!!)??? Namely...where and how do I buy that type of film, and where and how do I get it developed?

The lens has a small focus ring. It goes from a person to a group of people to a mountain. Or something like that. hehehe I usually just leave it on the mountain and forget to "focus". :D

Ok...but before I actually buy one off of Ebay...can someone please tell me definately how available processing services are for medium format film?

Most reactions

Back