Should I move in with Derrel?

Gorgeous area! If you like doing outdoor type stuff you'll love it. I can't wait to move there some day (probably after hubby retires from UPS).

Sent from my SM-N915T using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

And you can't beat the rent!
Very true. Once when I was there visiting family my cousin was complaining about how high her rent was. She couldn't understand why I laughed at her when she told me she was paying $750 for a 3 level, 3 BR townhouse. At the time I could rent something equivalent in my area for about $3k a month plus utilities. I told her I might be able to rent a closet for that amount at home if I were really lucky.

So I might be getting a job in the Portland, OR area, and I'm wondering if I should move in with @Derrel

Pros: He's in Portland
Cons: I don't intend to ask him, and that might be problematic.
If you ask him, you'll probably get a very detailed and to-the-point answer, filled with information you can use!

Gorgeous area! If you like doing outdoor type stuff you'll love it. I can't wait to move there some day (probably after hubby retires from UPS).

Very true. Once when I was there visiting family my cousin was complaining about how high her rent was. She couldn't understand why I laughed at her when she told me she was paying $750 for a 3 level, 3 BR townhouse. At the time I could rent something equivalent in my area for about $3k a month plus utilities. I told her I might be able to rent a closet for that amount at home if I were really lucky.

LOL. That one went over your head :)

----

That must have been in like 20 years ago. Rent is a quite a bit higher now.

LOL. That one went over your head :)

----

That must have been in like 20 years ago. Rent is a quite a bit higher now.
It is here as well.

On second thought, I'd get bored pretty fast... has anyone seen Helen?

She could move in, too and I could watch them fight over technical stuff for entertainment.

p167482_p_v8_af.jpg

Good deal! Look me up when you get into town.

I like Uncle Derrel

Don't go swimming in Tilllamook Bay or Gold beach

Don't go swimming in Tilllamook Bay or Gold beach
Oh come on. The water temp is usually around 50.7°F this time of year. That's like summer to people like Tirediron and the other Canadians. :biggrin-new:

Most reactions

Back