Should I spite my driver's ed teacher?

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My driver's Ed guy called last night at 9:30 (WTF!) for an in-car lesson! Asked if I wanted to go out for a lesson from 5-7pm today. I felt obligated so I said yes.

I feel the need to cancel just to spite him. Should I?

I am annoyed because I told the guy twice already last month that I would call him for classes because I need to get my new work schedule. I haven't yet. I'm still waiting.

I don't have anything else to do except maybe see Jonathan (JAR). Then there's dinner I’m sure for sometimes while I’ll be away, not that I'll like dinner, but it's food. And I need to eat or I'll die (lol).

Should I cancel to piss him off, or should I just go, do the 2hr lesson with a guy that pisses me off and makes me feel stupid especially because I don't want to do it right now (and tell him firmly that he made me feel obligated and that's rude when I said I would call him)?

Am I just being stubborn? I feel it’s one of those issues. But see, I told the guy I WOULD CALL HIM, and he continues to not listen! I’ve told him twice before.

The way I see it is, I paid for these lessons already. I should be able to do them when I want around his schedule. He is not busy whatsoever. I will not be taking my road test for a long time, and I fear I am the type of person who will need a refresher course on wtf I’m doing days before the test so I know I’m doing things properly.

I still have one or two lessons after this one btw. If it was my last I would defiantly cancel.

The nice me says to do it, the b**** me says to spite his ass.

GAH! I'll prolly end up going :(

Thank you for letting me rant.

I say take the lesson but drive like you are crazy and scare the heck out of him. :twisted:

Big Mike said:
I say take the lesson but drive like you are crazy and scare the heck out of him. :twisted:

Good advice I think.

You told the guy it was ok, you didn't have to do that. You should have told him no, if you didn't want to do it. Why did you feel obligated? You had already told him you would schedule them, so there was no reason for you to feel obligated. You should have told him, no I'm not ready yet, or whatever, and that you would call him, as already explained. But you said ok, so stick to it. Just my opinion...

oriecat said:
You told the guy it was ok, you didn't have to do that. You should have told him no, if you didn't want to do it. Why did you feel obligated? You had already told him you would schedule them, so there was no reason for you to feel obligated. You should have told him, no I'm not ready yet, or whatever, and that you would call him, as already explained. But you said ok, so stick to it. Just my opinion...
Ditto. Feeling obligated was your choice, really. You decided that him calling equals you feeling obligated. There is no universal law that makes it so.

If you don't go just to spite him, you just hurt yourself more, especially in the long run.

If this is the same drivers ed teacher who can't remember his right form his left I can understand why you would want to skip it, but there's no need to take out your frustrations from other stuff in your life on this idiot. The quicker you get your incar lessons out of the way, the quicker you can say goodbye to the twit and get your full lisence.

If you commited to the lesson, take it. If this guy is from a school that uses several instructors, talk to his boss, voice your displeasure and ask for another instructor.

markc said:
oriecat said:
Ditto. Feeling obligated was your choice, really. You decided that him calling equals you feeling obligated. There is no universal law that makes it so.

If you don't go just to spite him, you just hurt yourself more, especially in the long run.

Feeling obligated is NOT a choice, you can't help a feeling arising. It's how you deal with it. So I chose to go ahead but tell the guy firmly that I will call him.

ormia said:
If this is the same drivers ed teacher who can't remember his right form his left I can understand why you would want to skip it, but there's no need to take out your frustrations from other stuff in your life on this idiot. The quicker you get your incar lessons out of the way, the quicker you can say goodbye to the twit and get your full lisence.

I still have two more to do. I won't be able to get rid of thise guy for a long time.

graigdavis said:
Gota do the classes sometime. Its only 2 hours of your life.

I still have 4 to go. and like I said, I don't want to get these calsses over with like everyone is suggesting. I think i already explained my reasons.

You don't know what type of driver I am. I can't learn from my parents or anyone else because they don't know what I have to know for drving these days. My Dad has a hard time remembering his turn signal :( :evil:

Walt said:
If you commited to the lesson, take it. If this guy is from a school that uses several instructors, talk to his boss, voice your displeasure and ask for another instructor.

A lot of people break commitments. It's no big deal whatsoever.

As ormia said, he didn't know his left from right when it came to one way streets. i think he wants me to do it differently than whats in the book. how messed up is that?

photong said:
Feeling obligated is NOT a choice, you can't help a feeling arising. It's how you deal with it. So I chose to go ahead but tell the guy firmly that I will call him.
It is from my point of view. It may not be a conscious one, but not everyone reacts to the same stimuli in the same manner. One person will feel obligated and another will not. It's dependant on the person doing the feeling, not the source of the stimuli. Blaming him for you feeling obligated isn't fair. His actions would not have caused me or a large number of other people to feel obligated, so it's not inherent in his actions. You and a number of other people would feel obligated. That's fine, but it's not his fault.

A lot of people break commitments. It's no big deal whatsoever.
Maybe not for you, but it is for anyone expecting personal responsibility. Again, that's our choice in how we resond to the situation. You can go ahead break your commitments, but don't expect people to treat you with anything resembling respect afterwards. What if you showed up for the lesson and found out the teacher had decided to go off and see a movie instead without calling you? I'd bet you'd be pissed.

Most reactions

Back