Should I trust those flexable legged tripops?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Ignore these!!!

Ignore the Bottlecap models too. Even a Small Point and shoot make them way too top heavy.

i've got one of those 'gorilla' pods.. i think that's what they're called.

it works well with my canon p&s

if you want something like that, you can get clamps that attached very solidly to posts and railings.

I've seen mixed reviews about these flexible tripods. If you get the cheap Ebay knock-offs, then NO, they will be awful. I've seen a lot of reivews on those complaining that the "DSLR" version can't even hold a Canon rebel body without a lens on it!

The real deal Gorillapod, however, is a bit different, depending on how you want to use it. If you want a sturdy tripod for long-exposure photos, then it isn't good at all. If, however, you just want to put your camera in an otherwise inaccessible place, then the Gorillapod is OK. It's not flawless, however, and I wouldn't trust it with my life, but it's OK.

I would recommend Tiberius47's idea, though, as fixed clamps will always be better than anything flexible.

Thanks guys, I saw at the photo store at the mall and figured I see what you guys think. It's a gorillapod.

But I just thinking I could use it to take some crazy pictures, but I don;t want to buy it without knowing if I can trust it not to drop my camera. I'd never be able to pay for a new one if it did.

this thread really made my day because of the spelling!

Sorry, I mean no offence, but it just reads funny :D

OK, getting back to the topic concerning those Gorillapods. They are not really an option for SLRs or anything larger. But for p&s cameras they work like a charm! I gave one of those to my Ex (when she was not my Ex yet) and she really enjoys it and produces stunning images at night or in low light.

I couldn't resist (they were like $50) and I bought one of the SLR sized ones to play with it and see. I'll subject the D100 to my experiment instead of the D300. :)

Spec says it holds 6.6 lbs. (SLR-zoom version)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back