show your business card(s)!

already sorted my original Q, will post photos in a few weeks!

Last edited:
a Draft Of My Business Card (not there yet, Just Getting Ready)
cardcopy.jpg

Last edited:
I actually was about to start a thread asking where is a good place to get brochures and business cards printed from. So if anyone has any advice or ideas please let me know.

Also here is my business card. Please note that this is simply a template I'm using, theres a spelling mistake and two of the pictures on the card are stock photos. please feel free to CC if you'd like...

card.jpg

As a professional designer I thought i will offer you all some tips on card design.

- When putting your card together try to avoid fancy typefaces, especially on contact details, emails etc.... they are difficult to read and in many cases when it comes to print they may look worse.... consider the scale of the typeface on the size of a business card.

- Always keep your important parts of the design, text and images, AWAY from the edges... not only does it run the risk of being cropped by the printers but it also just looks awful.

- the standard size of 85mm x 55mm cards should be designed (with most UK printers, maybe the same around the world) at 91mm x 61mm. This is to include a 3mm bleed all the way around for cropping purposes... your design work should be ANOTHER 3mm inside the card at least to give it some leeway.

- Avoid images that could pidgeon hole you... if you do use one specific image, it is sometimes a good idea to list other services (not too many) on the back of the card

- If your using a black background set it to 100% Key, the printers will thank you for it

- If you want a professional look... don't skimp out on the printing. Matt laminated 400gsm cards look great and are fairly inexpensive. Crappy thin paper ones with no finish don't look like you've put any time into them, even if the design is good.

;)

These are my current cards, they could be better...I know.

951-Cards.jpg

I recently got some spam email with plastic cards... very cool (but expensive). Thinking about upgrading. Anyone else use these?

Anyone else use these?
They're distinctive, but I like to be able to write on the back of my cards so I stick to paper.

That's a good point! Didn't think of that...
But I've never written on a card before so they still may work for me. They are close to $1ea.. not sure that's an investment I'm willing to pay. I order my cards now super cheap (and they look very professional, high quality) from vistaprint.

I'm not a pro photographer, but I AM a business owner and most decisions boil down to ROI for me. In this case, will having a plastic card increase the number of prospect conversions so dramatically that they pay for themselves?

I doubt seriously that your business cards are your best marketing vehicle, I'd throw the extra money into other things. How do you get most of your business now?

Sidenote: You need an obvious way to turn off the music on your website. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back