Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon mount

Darn it Mana just buy the darn lens - it will grow cobwebs inside before you get to it at this speed ;)

Damn, manaheim didn't get it? After all that?

I was still a bit leery about the process of obtaining such an expensive device from so far away, so I was still thinking about it. bass was great about it, though. We had some good discussions about some ways to make it work. In the end, it was all me.

Thanks, bass, and congrats to you both.

nope...but I'm stoked about getting a true macro lens..

You should be, it's a great lens. Be sure to post some pics when you get it just to make manaheim drool all over his keyboard...

You should be, it's a great lens. Be sure to post some pics when you get it just to make manaheim drool all over his keyboard...

heh, yeah, that sounds like a good plan...I can understand his hesitation though, back before I was used to online transactions like this, I was in the same boat.

Really is nice lens! Hope to see some good insect portraiture from you, now! :)

yeah, it seems like it is a great (and sharp) medium tele 'things' lens as well as bugs/full macro (at least from what I have researched)...I'll probably have to hunt around to find some bugs, its cold and snowy out here right now.

I'd like to find a good R1 macro flash setup now though, all I have is an SB400, which I actually like alot, but I don't know how it will do with macro stuff.

got the lens today, its in excellent condition just as described, very well packaged. Thanks Bassiusmaximus!

I've only taken one shot with it so far, I'm stuck at work tonight so I'll have to post up some images once I get the chance to really test 'er out.

Most reactions

Back