sigma 18-200 vs tamron 18-200

smilesyota

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
looking for a everyday zoom for my A65. Anyone have any experience with either of these? sigma 18-200mm or tamron 18-200mm.

I recently bought the Tamron 18-200 after reading a review that did a side by side comparison of the Sony, Sigma and Tamron lenses. The Sony is much more expensive than either the Tamron or Sigma and its build quality is superior but the IQ of the Tamron and Sigma is very good with the Tamron having a slight edge in the reviewers tests. I finally decided on the Tamron because I found a new one for $230.00.

ghiii said:
I recently bought the Tamron 18-200 after reading a review that did a side by side comparison of the Sony, Sigma and Tamron lenses. The Sony is much more expensive than either the Tamron or Sigma and its build quality is superior but the IQ of the Tamron and Sigma is very good with the Tamron having a slight edge in the reviewers tests. I finally decided on the Tamron because I found a new one for $230.00.

May I ask where? I amlooking for a 18-200 for my A380, but since this is my second camera (I have an A77 as well) I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on this lens...

ghiii said:

May I ask where? I amlooking for a 18-200 for my A380, but since this is my second camera (I have an A77 as well) I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on this lens...

NEW TAMRON AF 18-200mm XR Di II LENS f/ SONY ALPHA DSLR (725211147220) | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back