Sigma 70-200mm F2.8

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am doing some casual sports shooting and I am looking for a good but cheap 70-200mm F2.8 I looked up reviews of the Canon, Sigma, and Tamron, the Sigma seems pretty solid all around and A much better deal than the Canon, although I would get a Canon if I had the money. So I want to buy a used sigma 70-200mm F2.8 or refurbished, how much do you think I could pick one up for? $699? Thanks

I purchased my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 from Sigma4Less, and they were great people to work with. I have since purchased a Sigma 24-70 from them, and when I simply didn't like it, they let me return it with no problem.

I got it new for $902 a while ago and really like it. Sigma's EX lens are make VERY well so you won't be dissapointed!

Wow ya I looked at sigma4less and I thought it was a joke but they have a good rating. Maybe I will be able to get a new one from them!

my lens arrived a week ago and I did my first football game friday nite. I never could get a nite time photo in football with the lens I had no matter how hard I tried. Now with the new Sigma I did 450 shots the first nite and didnt miss a one. Now Im saying that they were all very much readable not dark but then as Im new with it some were blurred but not to the extent that you couldnt see them

Love it:thumbup:

my lens arrived a week ago and I did my first football game friday nite. I never could get a nite time photo in football with the lens I had no matter how hard I tried. Now with the new Sigma I did 450 shots the first nite and didnt miss a one. Now Im saying that they were all very much readable not dark but then as Im new with it some were blurred but not to the extent that you couldnt see them

Love it:thumbup:

Good, that's what a like to hear, lol. I am still thinking about it but I am pretty sure that the sigma is the way to go in my situation.

I have compaired friends shots. One shoots with the Sigma and the other shoots with the Canon. Now, barring any inabilities between the two guys, I could not tell which lens produced which photo. I was surprised. I own 2 great sigma lenses, but i thought that the color would be a tell-tale sign between the two. I think anyone would be hard pressed to see the difference.

So, I've been thinking I could save lot of money and get the Sigma or spend equal money and get the Sigma plus 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverters, or get the Canon.

And I decided to go Canon, get IS and the piece of mind that my lens will work with future bodies. But thats not saying I won't regret doing so.

You cannot go wrong with a Sigma EX series lens. They are amazing in that they sell for half the price!

Derrick

have the sigma 70-200 and love it, you won't be disappointed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back