Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear

this does raise an interesting point though.
Most people tend to think that all statements made on this forum are absolutes. I use photoshop (Obviously means that on every occasion I pay no attention whatever to my photography, knowing that by opening it up in photoshop and tweaking every slider all the way to the end, one is guaranteed a prize winner).

There is a point at which Photoshop either is, or is not, needed. Just as there is a point at which that slider is not far enough or too far or perfect.and each of these points is at a different place when veiwed by different people.

what tends to be forgotten is that in photography, this is equally valid when refering to almost anything discussed on this forum.

Matfish and rufus have demonstrated (QED) that a nice but technically awful family photo, can be saved by the appropriate use of photoshop. As a dissinterested party I would not pay vast amounts of money for either. But as a family member I would LOVE to have either one in my wallet or on my phone or desk. and it would raise a smile and jog a memory or two. Well done fellas.

Here is one I did about a month ago

Attachments

• _MG_9601 logo before.jpg
    _MG_9601 logo before.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 332
  • _MG_9745web.jpg
    _MG_9745web.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 312
ok i will bite.

Before:
tree1.jpg

After: