Silouetting for the first time

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took my son fishing tonite for the first time. He was in heaven... there were 2 other boys there fishing and the night was breezy, warm... a storm had just passed. The sky was fabulous. Decided to try some silouetting. I metered for the sky, mostly.. but tryed many different methods, many of which didn't work :) I'm not sure how much you're "supposed" to clip in silouttes? If anyone has some reading material or info, I'd be interested. All of my pictures have detail in the shadows but I PP'd them to the point of clipping blacks to taste...

well without further ado.
IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

I think the silhouette is very nice in these. I do some of mine in post.

These are excellent scenery shots, too. I think your subjects get lost in them just a little.

Very nicely done! My only comment would be that I would like to see just a little more foreground in #1.

Very nicely done! My only comment would be that I would like to see just a little more foreground in #1.

I went back and forth with myself on that. The original has quite a bit of foreground... it just seemed so blah compared to the rest of the scene though. Thanks all! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back