Sionainn - C&C please

ShaneF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, here are a few pics of my friend Sionainn i took today. i am still a newb bit i think they came out nice. May i have some C&C to consider for next time please.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
C&C per req:

1. I think you could go a bit tighter on the crop; the large, out of focus tree-trunk image right and open background don't add a lot. Exposure and focus look good, 'though a little more smile wouldn't hurt.

2. This would have been a nice shot but for the gaussian blut which I assume is a misguided attempt at skin smoothing. If you want a quick & easy way to deal with skin, look at programs like Portrait Professional; they're cheap, easy, and do an okay job. I'm sorry, but this just looks BAD! I would also try and clean up the green cast in her hair image left.

3. I think this one would have worked a lot beter if you'd moved around a little more so that we could see both faces, and if you'd moved them slightly to a better background; that section of fence doesn't really add much ,and it looks like the area just to the right is nice, even green leaves.

Overall, not a bad set at all; a few issues which could be improved on though. Keep shooting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Dinardy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
2's softening is pretty heavy and inconsistent. You should post the original.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
ShaneF

ShaneF

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for the C&C guys

tirediron - Im investigating Portrait Professional right now seems like a pretty slick program, hopefully it will help me out. I do have a few more variations of number 3 i just though them looking at each other was kinda cute so i shared that one. How would i go about removing the green cast?

Dinardy - That photo was under exposed a fair bit but here is the original
$IMG_0179image.JPG

Most reactions

ClickASnap