Sisters at the park for CC

Very nice! Cuties. 3 & 5 do it for me.

Cute little kids. Great expressions also.

Some few nitpicks that I caught were in 1 and 2 the background is brighter than the girls. I would probably burn the background a bit and bring up the levels on the little girls.

And in 3 there appears to be a halo around her? Possibly from trying to make her pop out more? It might just be me.

Overall I think you did a good job.

So cute! Nice photos. #4 isn't my favorite because of how dark the background is, but all the others are great!

The white balance in the first two shots seems overly cool to me; the last shot, by comparison, has a slightly warmer-than-accurate WB I think--but I find that the most-pleasing white balance!!!

These REALLY have POP!!! to them. Your processing has produced some very clear, sharp,detailed kid pics.

Cute little kids. Great expressions also.

Some few nitpicks that I caught were in 1 and 2 the background is brighter than the girls. I would probably burn the background a bit and bring up the levels on the little girls.

And in 3 there appears to be a halo around her? Possibly from trying to make her pop out more? It might just be me.

Overall I think you did a good job.

Not just you. Definite halo.. lol I darkened the background some and didn't do a great job right around her it looks like.. it was late night editing. haha Will have to fix that!

The white balance in the first two shots seems overly cool to me; the last shot, by comparison, has a slightly warmer-than-accurate WB I think--but I find that the most-pleasing white balance!!!

These REALLY have POP!!! to them. Your processing has produced some very clear, sharp,detailed kid pics.

Thank you for your comments. I really struggle with white balance.

Definitely some pop to these shots, that's for sure. Now, think of how, with the application of a single speedlight & Ezybox, these could have been even better, especially 1 & 2 - bring the FG & subject up 1/2 stop, and drop the background by a full stop. Time to move to the next level!

Definitely some pop to these shots, that's for sure. Now, think of how, with the application of a single speedlight & Ezybox, these could have been even better, especially 1 & 2 - bring the FG & subject up 1/2 stop, and drop the background by a full stop. Time to move to the next level!

You people and your speedlites. lol Flash is so intimidating!! :(

You people and your speedlites. lol Flash is so intimidating!! :(
It shouldn't be. Basic off-camera, manual flash is very simple, even more so with digital since you can check your exposure and dial it in perfectly. Do some reading over here and check out YouTube for "off-camera flash" tutorials. FOr $250 - $300 (Yongnuo speedlight, Yongnuo radio trigger, and knock-off Lastolite Ezybox) and a couple of afternoons of reading and practice, you will take your work from 'Nice' to 'WOW!!! That's amazing!".

Speed lights are your best friend really they are. Spend some time looking up tutorials on you tube and you'll wonder why you were ever intimidated. Other wise love the processing, and color. Would like to see cute little imps lit more than the background, that way they really are the main subject in the photo. But thats been covered and about the only thing I can really nit pick. So Nice job.

The one thing that comes to mind for me is a Reflector. Just a suggestion to get better lighting on the face in this setting. Although if you get one make sure you get a stand. I didn't get the stand... oof... don't get me started about that decision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back