What's new

Six Times Seven

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That's the name of the band, so don't yell at me.

Lesbian%20Jew%20Dave%20-%20033.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thanks, John.

I'll have to play with the square crop. I usually hate those, but I was totally thinking this would be an awesome album cover, so....
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Little bump. :)
 
I think it's yummy! It's digital noise, not grain, but it still works for that club-atmosphere feel. The colors are gorgeous, and it's a good exposure.

Love it!
 
Do you have a B&W version ?
 
Gotta admit: I had to employ google to figure out why this thread's title had changed so dramatically since the first time I saw it. :D

Other than that, I agree with the other comments. Nice job.
Is that duct tape on the end of the mic cord? :lol:
 
Personally, square doesn't work as well as... well 6:7 ratio. Try it, you'll like it.
 
I might be in the minority but the noise really doesn't do anything for me and ruins the shot.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Thanks for all the comments, everyone!


I think it's yummy! It's digital noise, not grain, but it still works for that club-atmosphere feel. The colors are gorgeous, and it's a good exposure.

Love it!

Thanks, terri! I actually wound up binning or not taking a LOT of shots because the light at this place was SO bad, but I was ok with this one... in fact I like it even better when it's full screen noisy on my LCD here. Big 24" mess o' dots. :)

42???.....yeah,i'm going with 42

hahaha...

6x7= 12800 ISO:hail:

I know... crazy, right? The D800 can pretty much focus in pitch black and pull SOMETHING out that looks like a picture. :)

Do you have a B&W version ?

I don't. I considered it, but I like the colors.

Gotta admit: I had to employ google to figure out why this thread's title had changed so dramatically since the first time I saw it. :D

Other than that, I agree with the other comments. Nice job.
Is that duct tape on the end of the mic cord? :lol:

hahah... The original title "A Lesbian, A Jew and a Dave"... was because that is the name of their ALBUM... but I had a mental blip and thought it was the name of the group. When I realized my err I employed my otherworldly powers as a moderator and changed it. :)

Thank you!

And yeah, it may be duct tape. :)

If that was square it would be PERFECT for a 70s soul album cover! Great shot!

Agree^^, great shot!

Thanks, pix. That's what I thought. This crop was actually a total accident. I zoomed in to see how bad the noise was and it had just her face on my screen and I was like... oh... hey... that's cool. :) The scary thing is even at this crop the original image is like 12MP or something stupid like that.

Personally, square doesn't work as well as... well 6:7 ratio. Try it, you'll like it.

That sounds very CDish. :)

I might be in the minority but the noise really doesn't do anything for me and ruins the shot.

Yes, I think you may be in the minority. :)

Noise tends to bug me which is why I didn't take too many shots in this venue when I was there. That said, noise can have an interesting effect, and it can also have no effect. If you're looking just at the nasty grainy pixels and you're missing what lies beneath then you're not really seeing the picture. Look deeper, man. Don't let little technical things bog you down. ( I say this generally- not just about my picture - and I say this with no malice )
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
By the way, if you're interested, this is their facebook page... last I checked they pretty much give their music away for free or stupid cheap. Good folks, good tunes.

https://www.facebook.com/SixTimesSeven
 
I don't. I considered it, but I like the colors.
Well the Hair style is retro ,The mic .is retro ,the "Up the nose " pose is retro .and the "Grain" makes it look retro . Seems B&W would add to the retro-ness .









Really ,Chris I like this very much and though it could use a bump ,to get some more views/comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom