Sleepy baby -- for critique!

hi julia... :hug:: thats great, i hope to see more pics from you... i'm fairly new to photography and on here learning as well, i like getting feedback from the pros but the newbies help me just as much if not more because we all can learn together and from each other. I have a new baby myself (5 mo) so he's been my model while I practice... we can help each other become excellent photo moms!

maybe I should ask the mods to create a subforum for us MWC (moms with a camera!) seems to be a lot on here! lol!

no worries if more lenses aren't in the budget... your kit lens will work great just keep it around 50mm or so and move yourself instead of using the zoom to frame (pretend its a prime so you aren't tempted to zoom out to 18mm to fill the frame..lol!). Because you're using a crop sensor camera, the 50mm range is equal to around 75mm range on a full 35mm format camera, which is the ideal range for portraiture.

Jen's photo is indeed a really nice shot. FarrahJ (you can look her up on the members list, or she's also on my friend list) also has taken some fantastic baby shots you might like to check out... she says she uses 100% natural light for her portraits... so goes to show that you don't even need fancy and expensive lighting equipment to get beautiful shots!

Exposure time 1/80 sec. f/1.8

I didn't mean to start anything or sound rude myself, so I too apologize. I'm just a sensitive person and I think there are ways to get your point across without being so harsh. Not saying you need to sugar coat everything, but just be courteous...that's all.

I truly appreciate how much I've learned from others here on TFP!! Keep the c&c coming!! lol

Jen -- agreed, and thanks again :)

Jackie, Im not a new mom, just someone with passion for photography and babies! I am a nanny so kids are on my brain all the time!

Im having a really hard time with the whole exposure deal, especially at night. Ugh! I feel like I understand the procedure, but for some reason it doesn't translate into my pictures just yet. Sigh. It shall come, I know.
:er:

Well, I understand it in theory....... i just posted a picture of my dog I took tonight... I dont know if you have seen it. But, I upped the ISO, had it mounted on a tripod, handheld it, had a lower shutter speed to allow light to come in, Aperture at 5.6, turned on my light that I have, played with focus manually etc, and still I am not quite happy with it. I just took it for practicing, so the composition is cruddy, lol... but I still don't feel like it's exposed right....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back