sleepy swallow

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, we've had a pair of very determined swallows swooping about our front door for the past week - they're really pissed off that I won't let them nest in the archway, about 3 feet from the door. I let them do it once, and of course the constant front door traffic just traumatized the babies daily - it's not a good place!

I think I've run them off and the little missus is nesting nearby. For the last few nights now, right at dusk, we get papa swooping back in and settling in for the night. I snapped this with my cell phone and it's still a pretty dim pic, but you get the idea. He ain't leaving until it's over! ;)

He was there again last night! I love having a sleeping bird right outside my front door. He is adorable! :586:

They're still hanging around! Here's another crappy, poorly lit cell phone pic from approximately 6:30 AM today. :lol: He left the porch and she quickly joined him. They hang out all day; I've yet to discover where the actual nest is.

Love.these.birds. :heartpump: Being swallows, they will leave as soon as they're done with the parenting thing, and I won't see them again until next year - which explains my stalking.

Most reactions

Back