Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I just recently found a Minolta (St si Maxxum) film camera, and shot a roll with it. All of my shots turned out black with white streaks through them. I know this could be a problem with light coming in through the camera somewhere or something with the mirror, but either way as of now, I have no idea what the issue is. In some of the shots, you can see a glimpse of what I was trying to shoot but the entire roll was a loss. I'm going to get my camera looked at and see if it's worth saving, however, I am curious if there is a decent adaptor I can use to mount my lens on my SLR (Promaster AF 28-80mm) onto my Nikon DSLR body (D3200). If anyone has any suggestions OR good reasons as to why this wouldn't be a great idea, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,
Interplanetarywinds

The FILM came out black, or the PRINTS? What kind of film?

Posing an image would help immensely.

The FILM came out black, or the PRINTS? What kind of film?

Posing an image would help immensely.

This is what I got from the prints. Also, I was using FujiFilm 400 speed.
_7A_0174.jpg

All it shows is a tree. Looks like a shutter problem. I expect any repair can cost is more than the value of the camera body.

Don't really see much use of trying to adapt that zoom lens to Nikon. A simple adapter will not focus to Infinity (can use for macro photography, but a bit of a pain to use) and an adapter with a glass element that allows focus to infinity will reduce the quality of what was probably a kit lens for that film camera.

Yep. Shutter is hosed.

You would need a mount adapter that has an optical compensation lens. From what I've read online, these tend not to be of great optical quality, and adding a not-so-great Promaster lens on top of that would not be worth it.

Mounting lenses from other SLR mounts on Nikon cameras is usually a macro only project.
Nearly all other SLR lenses are designed to be mounted closer to the sensor than the Nikon F mount, so extra optical elements are needed for other lenses to reach infinity focus.
IIRC the Minolta A mount is the same one as used by Sony for their A mount. So it can be used without adapters on some of their cameras. It can also be adapted to Canon EF mount but I've only met a dumb adapter for this so any electronic functions would be lost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back