What's new

Small joke

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No doubt, no matter how far human nonsense can go, the world keeps (so far) being round. ;)

imgdsc906575.jpg
 
The earth isn't round, it's oval. It's rotaton casuses it to be a little wider in the middle.
 
weebles wobble but they don't fall down! (nice image)
 
The earth isn't round, it's oval. It's rotaton casuses it to be a little wider in the middle.

Of course the earth isn't round, it's a geoid (prox. ellipsoid). It's not oval due to isostasy.
Anyway I appreciate the correction. Thank you.

But if you allow this old geologist some poetry, let it be round for a while ! ;)
 
Well, you didn't say it was perfectly round so your statement wasn't actually incorrect. I was just trying to be funny. So round it is.
 
:thumbup:
 
Of course the earth isn't round, it's a geoid (prox. ellipsoid). It's not oval due to isostasy.
Anyway I appreciate the correction. Thank you.
geoid: What does this mean? is it something like saying "I look like me"? ;)
isostasy: What does this mean?

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom