Smoke Part 1

Heya fokker, Reporoa area? I use to paraglide down there, Paeroa Ranges, freakin awesome.

You almost nailed that, f/11 1/160th ISO 100, 18-55mm EF-S kit lens.

Single strobe off to the right with blinkers on to reduce stray light hitting BG and a desk lamp off to the left (wrapped some mailer pamphlet around the lamp shade to also reduce stray light (No.8 Kiwi styles :p) so I could focus on the smoke. Hand held and it killed my back and I was a sweaty mess, lmao, rather warm here lately as you know.

This is the youtube video that helped me for this shoot.

However I think I can do it a better way. So will experiment within the next few days and see if my new idea works out, hence the title being Smoke Part 1.

Can't watch the video as I'm at work at the moment, but what did you need the desk light for?

I'm on the other road between Taupo and Rotorua, SH30. Middle of nowhere haha.

is it a face profile going full length

Yep

Can't watch the video as I'm at work at the moment, but what did you need the desk light for?

I'm on the other road between Taupo and Rotorua, SH30. Middle of nowhere haha.

Yeah a little sparse down that way. Plenty of grass, cows and pine trees to shoot, lmao.

Desklight was so I could see the smoke, and so the camera could auto focus. Next attempt the camera will be tripod mounted, focus preset and just enough light so I can see the smoke. Should work in theory :confused:

number 2 would look a lot better if the heart wasn't colored.
I disagree. There is a time and a place for hating on selective colouring but I think this isn't one of them, IMHO it works well.

I wasn't hating on the selective coloring, i just found it distracting. also i am not a big fan of PP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back