Smug Mug or Flickr?

i think it makes no sense to compare smugmug to flickr, because they are 2 totally different services.. flickr is a place to store photos, and take part in a community where you share photos in groups and such.. where as, smugmug is a service intended for people looking for commerce.. you can sell photos...

you've got "standard" which is $40/year you get their basic services, and can sell photos, BUT you make no profit on the sales

Then theres "Power" for $60/year which adds video, AND the option to customize the look of your site by editing CSS, but still you make no profit on the sales

Then there is "pro" $150/year, gives you customization, video and commerce, where you can set the prices of your photos.. so, for a 4x6 smug mug charges .21 you can set your price to whatever you want (say $6) then you get 85% of the profit for yourself (this is a great service for people who do client work, or, they just want to find a way to sell their photos.

The print quality is second to none.. I just received 300 4x6's in the mail yesterday, and they are beautiful!!

So, hopefully from my post, it helps you understand that you cannot compare the 2 services, because their intended use it totally different.

Oh, I'd also like to note, that smugmug does not compress your photos in anyway.. what you upload, is what you get when you print it... I'm not sure about flickr.. but, I would assume they don't compress either..

Also, if you enter the coupon code Yahoo, and it will cut your sign up cost (for the first year) in half.. so standard becomes $20/year Power becomes $30/year and Pro becomes $75/year.. and you still get all the same functions of the services.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back