Snow and Ice Photo Suggestions?

phoenix_rising

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I just joined up with the Toledo, OH Club for Nature Photography this weekend. The next meeting is in Mid November if anyone is interested. The topic of discussion is "Space and Crystals" and the assignment is "Snow and Ice". Does anyone have any suggestions for some reallyCOOL shots? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ben

depends very much on what you are after - you could use a macro lens and do some interesting work with lighting and the crystaline structure of snow and ice. Also there is a highkey shot by sleepingwolf (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141133) which would be an intersting area to experiment with if you have enough snow and agreeable wildlife ;)

After that some snowcovered landscapes (more traditional, but still worthy).
Also - not knowing the area - are there any waterfalls or such - frozen over or still flowing they would prove a very interesting subject to shoot. Again a lot depends on how much snow/ice you have to work with. The macro has the advantage that you don't need a huge amount to get the right effect.

If you don't have any ice/snow available, make your own. Gather various objects, put them in a container with water and put the lot in your freezer. Then it is just a matter of being creative with lighting, composition... to take good pictures of those objects imprisoned in ice.

If you don't have any ice/snow available, make your own. Gather various objects, put them in a container with water and put the lot in your freezer. Then it is just a matter of being creative with lighting, composition... to take good pictures of those objects imprisoned in ice.

Both of these suggestions sound like fun. I may just have to start experimenting with my freezer since I doubt we will have any snow in MI by mid November.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back