Snow! c&c please

Bambi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought my first dSLR last week and am taking lots of pictures to try to figure it all out. These are some I took of the winter storm yesterday. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated :)

4240062561_fce35551e9.jpg

4238188425_6726ec96cc.jpg

:thumbup:very nice!

I like the photos.
See how the second one is blue, I like it that way...but it you want it the same color as the first one just warm it up a smidge with your white balance tool, move it to the right.
Good job with the snow, usually it requires a bit of an exposure increase, good job with the composition as well.

I like the composition on 2 a lot. It seems like you brought the clarity slider way down or something because it looks really soft. Also it looks like the whites are a bit blown out. Try playing around with the exposure in manual to keep the snow looking white but not blown out white so you can see all the nice detail. Good job!
TJ

Snow does not look blown out on my monitor, looks perfect. I think there was some fog in the second one, which is making it look a little softer as well.

thanks everyone for your comments. I probably should have said that with the second one I played with some effects to get the soft look. the other has very little processing in it (just leveled it a wee bit) and bit of contrast boost. I had to be careful because too much and I lost the texture of the snow. I am a total newbie at the SLR and at processing.

But I find that the best way to learn is to put stuff out there and get some insight from others.

so THANKS!!!

I love your second one, would like to see it larger.

thank you Hikin mike, Casserole and Mike.
Here's a bigger version of the second for you Casserole:
4238188425_6726ec96cc_b.jpg

For editing I have Gimp, Paint Sho Pro X2 and Picasa. I used PSP for this one and added a filter effect to get the softness and colour.

you've only had a DSLR for a week? O.O
you are really talented!

Very nice photos, keep up the great work!

Most reactions

Back