What's new

So I am brand new

photocrzy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Chicago Il
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I am brand new here. I have loved photography since I was a teenager, but for years its simply been a hobby. Ive gotten to the point now that I actually want to learn more about it, so I can take my hobby further. I have a simple Nikon D3000, a 55-200 mm and 18-55. Nothing huge or fancy. THough in time, and once I understand all the logistics of the camera, I would love to upgrade. My goal being here is to learn all about F/stop, aperture, shutterspeed, all the other things in photography I dont really understand. Sometimes I get lucky when taking pictures and the settings I use turn out to be good and I get a good shot. But for the most part im lost. Please help! I know that there are probably really good other threads and such on this forum but im not exactly forum smart and ill get lost, so any help would be greatly appreciated. For now I figured I would share some of my photos that I have taken and love. Feel free to critique and help in anyway you feel. Oh and its great to be here and I look forward to getting to know yall.

and my computer crashed- so this is most of what I have :(. And to clarify the "Houston Brooks Photography" is indeed mine.
 

Attachments

  • $kaylee3.webp
    $kaylee3.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 189
  • $racketroller.webp
    $racketroller.webp
    59 KB · Views: 165
  • $nightphoto.webp
    $nightphoto.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 173
  • $china4.webp
    $china4.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 164
  • $slcdowntown.webp
    $slcdowntown.webp
    88.4 KB · Views: 163
  • $sunconure.webp
    $sunconure.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 152
  • $lily.webp
    $lily.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 187
  • $sunset1.webp
    $sunset1.webp
    21 KB · Views: 159
  • $gayatlantaman.webp
    $gayatlantaman.webp
    59 KB · Views: 178
  • $clematis.webp
    $clematis.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 152
I agree, your photos look great (but what do I know). What's your process? What mode do you prefer to shoot in? What's your experience with flash?
 
Thanks! I usually stick between Program and Shutterspeed mode and try different things. Usually I get frustrated and revert back to what I (think) I know. Honestly I feel like im just stabbing in the dark sometimes. Ive played with Ap and Manual but I can never get any desired results. Flash? I never use it, like ever. Mostly because I have yet to invest in anything other than what the camera has built in, and when that is used its obvious that flash was used and its usually washed out.
 
All you images are wonderful...and i specially appreciate that portrait; you know things.... Congrats :D
 
I enjoyed your photos.

The snowy street with mountains in the background is my favorite.

Got a good group of 'different' things. I'm new to photography and want to learn to get images of a lot of different things too.
 
Thanks. Ive been into photography for years so I have a collection of things. I just feel like im at a point that I really cant progress on my own- I need help and advice now.

So I guess what im asking for is help and advice?
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom