So I decided to buy a 10/24mm....

DustinWPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dustinwillliamsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently came across the idea that I needed to purchase wide angle lens. I love taking landscapes, and especially cityscapes but I've never really had a proper lens to shoot with. I decided I would take a stroll through the camera section at Best Buy a few days ago and I ended up coming out with a 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 wide angle nikkor lens. I took it to downtown Jacksonville, FL just to grab a couple shots to test the new lens out. Here's what I came up with. Let me know what you think about the shots, as well as if you have any experience with the 10-24mm and how you like or dislike it. Any comments are much appreciated.

$Downtown Jacksonville copy.jpg $Jacksonville Church copy.jpg

Here is another picture I took awhile back with a basic kit lens of downtown Tampa, FL. All I had to shoot with at the time.

$Downtown Tampa Night Watermarked.jpg

Thanks guys!

These are not too bad - I like the night time image the best. Top right needs a very definite perspective correction. The buildings are leaning into the picture, rather than being straight up and down. This is the result of taking the image up close with your wide-angle lens. This correction can often be done in Photoshop, Lightroom or other editing programs.

WesternGuy

I love my Sigma 10-20mm. But it has a lot of barrel distortion. The buildings lean more than the tower of Pisa. But, thankfully, that can be corrected in post processing. And I love it! The Nikkor 10-24mm cost more so I settled with the Sigma, and I am not disappointed. Occasionally I do like the distortion effect. Also, your images are amazing. I like the night one best.

Is this dx or fx? If the former, how would you compare it to other wide angle lenses you used before? I have a Sigma 10-20 and am considering the 10-24 Nikon.

I like the pics. I also love the lens...I have one myself! I picked it up used and I have had no regrets.

Most reactions

Back