Not open for further replies.

crystal_lynn

I am sure I sound childish
Reaction score
Website
www.crystallynnphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not that anyone cares since I haven't been posting much lately anyways, but I am leaving. If you want to follow me I am going to http://www.photographycorner.com, assuming this link isn't removed I hope to see you there.

Why, might you ask? Well I posted a link yesterday to my newest article. It is a photography article and then I got a private message from Terri.

"Hi Crystal: TPF has a forum devoted to showcasing articles and how-to's written by our members. We ask that you refrain from posting links to articles in your posts and, instead, submit them to me for review. It will be published either directly in the Articles forum, or on the TPF front page and linked from there, depending on length/content. "

Umm, seriously?? It has to be reviewed first? Umm no thank you. I deal with enough legalistic people. I thought a photography forum was a place to share.

I am sure I sound childish and I am sure I will be slammed. I have never left a forum before because of a disagreement, but this just went over the top for me, besides it is not like this forum has been friendly (except for a few), nor have I gotten much constructive critism. Anyways I digress...

Have a great day,
Crystal

err more he was offering to have your article posted on this site (with your name of course) as contributing to this site - as opposed to offsite.
Can't see it as a reason for leaving, infact that the offer was made suggests that terri had had a look through already (I suspect) - review would be part of the process that anyone looking for such an article to be posted would go through

I really don't see how it's over the top... Most forums have a policy, and most users respect the forums enough not to advertize other related sites on their page. There would be no problem, I'm sure, if you were to post the contents rather than a link to a competing photography site.

As for getting it reviewed and in the articles section, they're offering you front page access! They're offering you the ability to be a contributing author rather than just a poster, and I'd be honored, personally.

On a side note, I don't know why everyone is so keen on storming out with a drama queen thread, rather than just not posting anymore.

With all due respect (and seeing as how I'm new here, I don't know you enough to know how much is due), I think you just illustrated that you lack the maturity to be a valuable contributor to either this site, or the site listed in your link.

I have owned a discussion based website since 1999 (c0mpletely unrelated topic which is not relevant to this discussion) and have seen your type many times. You are simply looking to drive traffic to your site by linking to your article, rather than following the procedures in place that will allow your article to be published in a way that is beneficial to THIS site, as well. (An obvious something-for-nothing attitude).

Now, you've decided that you were somehow wronged, and have chosen not only to leave and go elsewhere, but to pitch a cyber fit and announce that you're leaving, presumably in hopes that either a.) somebody will beg you to reconsider, citing how this forum can't possibly continue without you being here, or b). hoping to convince other potential malcontents to follow you to the other forum, hoping to in some way damage this one.

The problem is that, in reality, this place will be better for you (and the other potential malcontents) being gone, while the other place will obviously suffer for having more of your type to deal with, at least until such time as you become discontent with their site rules or guidelines and stir up trouble there!

Having just joined yesterday, and this being only my third post here, I know very little about how this site is administered, but I do know that it's their site and they can choose to run in a way that they feel is in the best interest of THEIR site, AND if you don't agree with it, there are plenty of other places on the internet for you to hang out, OR if you think you can do it better, it's relatively easy to buy a domain, throw up a discussion forum and start your own site! (Ain't this internet thing grand?). But why the need to announce it? As you say, there are probably very few that care, and the ones that do only do so because they thrive on controversy.

It's childish, and simply bad form to attempt to use the very site with whom you are dissatisfied to attempt to promote another site. It's also bad form to post a private email or IM discussion you had with a moderator on this forum, as well. I suspect that the site you referenced probably doesn't really like the bad publicity you're potentially generating for them, either.

Michael

Disclaimer: My views don't necessarily reflect the opinions or philosophy of those who run this site.

lol... well i don't really need to add anything, our members have covered it all... i won't even remove the link to the other photo forum as i am confident enough in TPF being the most friendly, helpful and resourceful forum out there.
We only wish to take care of our members and ensure that all the info given on this site is as helpful and accurate as possible. With this in mind it seems you have grossly misread the situation... and what Terri was trying to do, ah well :D

Another photography forum???

... Results 1 - 10 of about 4,860,000 for Photography Forum

Who-da-thunkit?

Anyway, Crystal Lynn, try it. Sounds like an opportunity for your writing to benefit from some of the constructive criticism you were seeking.

What's the worst that can happen?

someone needs to chill.
addddeeerrrraaallll, man. works wonders.

Congratulations. Utopia awaits. I've been trying to get out of this place for ages but Terri keeps denying my parole.

your avatar kinda gives me the creeps. always has.

just putting that out there since you're not here to read this.

Why, might you ask? Well I posted a link yesterday to my newest article.

... and oh yea... as a member pointed out... wasn't that an affiliate article?.... you know... affiliate.. as in pay per view/click.... internet marketing.... money earning thing... dependant on traffic... can't be pasted, has to be linked to.... sort of thing.... which you wanted to use TPF members for....

Can I be an affiliate? I contacted Chase about advertising on the site but he never got back to me :(

you money, it's a no good here

Chase does all the business end so i can't speak for him... but unless you've got a huge business empire we're not interested.

(j/K)

Little does he know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back