So, one quick question.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive just got in a load of free photo equipment. Everything is in perfect condition and with all the original packaging and materials. (Will be posted for sale on the buy-sell forum).

The question is, I just got in a flash, a Vivitar auto 2600. I dont know if this will work with my D90, and I dont want to risk blowing the shoe mount trying to get it to. Ive done some research and found nothing. Does anyone know if this, in theory, will work on my D90 or not?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

I use the Vivitar 2600-D for my Canon 5D. I originally used it with my old Minolta X-570 film SLR. I also used it with my Canon 300D.

If it's the same flash, you should be fine. I believe the voltage is about 6v.

As far as I know, they are not the same flashes. The D has to mean something, and there is an extra word on the front which I cant read from the google thumbnails. What is the voltage limit on the D90? I cant seem to find it on Nikons website..

Mark

All I know is the flash that I have was used on Minolta/Olympic/Pentax and my Canon has a 250V trigger voltage. The trigger voltage should be listed in your manual.

T Vivitar 2600 has a trigger voltage of 148v (Link). Now I just have to figure out what the D90 is able of taking..but I really doubt its that high. I cant find it in the manual.

Mark

when will we see the for sale post?

As soon as I decide if Im selling the flash or not. Do you have any links to attest to that? I cant seem to find anything.

Mark

I guess I am too new to understand how you get in a load of FREE photo equipment. Are you a well-known reviewer of photo equipment and companies bombard you with this stuff so you can evaluate?

No. A relative just decided to get out of the byusiness and gave me some of her stuff. She also gave me 2 canvas backdrops, 2 lightstands, a tripod, 2 bulbs, 3 umbrellas a few monts back.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have a similar situation. I just bought a D90 and have an old Vivitar 2600 auto electronic flash that my dad used to use. I want to see if they work together but not at the cost of potentially damaging my new buy.

Could you confirm that you were successful in using the Vivitar 2600 with your D90? Anything I need to be careful of? Also, could you please post the link with the D90 trigger voltage limit?

Thanks in advance
Amitava

Most reactions

New Topics

Back