So pretty

Wow, that is a pretty long time. I only had mine for 2 years and it felt like an eternity.

Tiffany, my sister, just recently got hers so that is probably why she feel self conscious about them. She will get used to them eventually.

Yeah, definitely will. And then she'll have to get used to having them off, but that's usually an easier adjustment HAHA.

I really do like this shot though, even though I do see the chin muscles shorty was talking about, I don't think it really detracts from the shot. At all. Seriously, great work.

Yeah except you feel like you have horse teeth for awhile.

Thanks!

meh, this photo isnt doing anything for me. seems a little cliche i suppose.
I suppose you come to that conclusion after seeing her avatar. :lol:

It is a cliched, but that can be said to almost every shot posted here.

I think you done an excellent job of relaxing your subject and getting the expression.

meh, this photo isnt doing anything for me. seems a little cliche i suppose.

Then why post?

If you don't like my photo that is perfectly okay but at least give some helpful critiques on what specifically about it you don't like. Know what I'm saying?

I suppose you come to that conclusion after seeing her avatar. :lol:

I think you done an excellent job of relaxing your subject and getting the expression.

Thanks for the input.

this doesn't do anything for me either, mainly due to zero detail in the dark areas and the high contrast zones are blown out...also the fact it's upside down. I do like her heavy eye makeup, the fact the eyes are closed and the general composition.

Then why post?

If you don't like my photo that is perfectly okay but at least give some helpful critiques on what specifically about it you don't like. Know what I'm saying?

like i said before, its cliche. but if you want me to go in depth, then i will. the contrast just isnt working. the whites are blown out. its boring. and her expression is off. i do like the eye makeup tho.

well put!!

If we are only to photograph things that haven't been photographed before, then we might as well sell our stuff because it has all been done before.

Photography, to me, is all about a person's artistic interpretation of a particular scene.

If 10 of us went out and took a photo of a flower, chances are good we might see 10 different "takes" on the subject. This is a good thing!! None of us are right and none of us are wrong. It's all about how YOU see the subject and how YOU, the artist, feel it would be best represented.

Amber I think you did a very fine job.

Tell your sister to smile and that you promise to edit out the braces in PS ;)

I'm surprised nobody brought this up:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised nobody brought this up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3geoXOdnJQ

I only had to watch four seconds of it HAHA. Good call The Phototron.

Yeah, I mean, I guess Lorielle has a point that this shot isn't exactly some ground-breaking, revolutionary shot. But I'll be damned if a sunset has blown my mind lately, but people still shoot those. Will HDRs ever go out of style? How many stupid light trails have I seen? Nay, how many stupid light trails have I shot? Hundreds. And for what? Not to do something new, that's for sure. You don't have to do something new to do something well, or even something outstanding. Amber, this shot is well-done, even if it's not something revolutionary. It's Amber who posted the shot, not Che Guerva, so don't ask for revolution when nobody promised to give it. Keep up the good work, Amber.

Most reactions

Back