So what computer go you guys use.

Kbarredo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking of buying a new computer and hooking it up to my 42" tv. So what processing speeds and specs do you guys use. Also do you guys have a computer for the sole purpose just your pping. I figured getting a computer just for work and using my old for web searching and "other stuff" to prevent viruses from killing my comp.

I was thinking of buying a new computer and hooking it up to my 42" tv.

If you did that, your arms would look HUGE when you flex to make new avatar pics. :thumbsup: May help in warding off the e-thugs..

That's the problem I'm having now I have to turn off my I tunes or else it slows down my system.

I'll play! :) I built my computer Dec 2010 for gaming.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 3.4 GHz
Cooler Master V6
8gb G-skill ripjaws
Western Digital Cavier Black 1tb HD
Radeon 5850

Logitech G110 keyboard
Razer Lachesis mouse
Samsung 24'' LCD monitor
Bose Companion 5 speakers

small slimline hp, pretty much dedicated to photog. less than 300 new and its all i need. cs5 master suite and a couple different viewers

I have a fairly old system, but it never complains about any of the photo stuff I do. That being said, it runs linux.... sortof like trying to get the Dalai Lama to complain, if you know what I mean :)

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
3Gb DDR2
2 x 2TB western digital external hard drives (so I have 2 copies of all my images, there are better ways to achieve that, but this was cheap)
300GB internal disk
nvidia quadro NVS 295 video
connected to a 22in visio TV @ 1680x1050

If you're looking for a new system, just look for one of the mainstream Intel CPUs (not one of their scaled back budget versions), and LOTS of RAM (8GB+), cause it's cheap, and to a certain extent, you can never have too much. And if you have money to waste on unnecessary things, get a Mac... cause they're really pretty, and really stable. They are certainly not priced comparable to their performance however.

edit: oh yeah, if it matters this was a refurbished dell for about ~$270, not including the external HDs or TV... that was so long ago though, prices aren't relevant. I've heard a lot of trash talk about Dell though and don't understand any of it, every system I've owned from them has been rock solid until I got tired of how old it was, and I keep computers a long time. ymmv

If you're on a budget, you can build a nice set up for about $500. You will definitely get more for your money!

Did you catch the Southpark episode dedicated to the shake weight?

South-Park-x-Shake-Weight.png

I was thinking of buying a new computer and hooking it up to my 42" tv. So what processing speeds and specs do you guys use. Also do you guys have a computer for the sole purpose just your pping. I figured getting a computer just for work and using my old for web searching and "other stuff" to prevent viruses from killing my comp.

What's your budget? Don't use a 42" TV, the resolution sucks. It's 1920x1080 on a 42" screen when most 22" monitor will provide that resolution. I have a 30" monitor for editing that's 2560x1600 resolution. You're worried about viruses? I haven't had one since...well, never.

What's your budget? Don't use a 42" TV, the resolution sucks. It's 1920x1080 on a 42" screen when most 22" monitor will provide that resolution. I have a 30" monitor for editing that's 2560x1600 resolution. You're worried about viruses? I haven't had one since...well, never.
I've got a couple sites that might change your virus tune. I just got rid of an annoying redirect virus last week. all it takes is accidently clicking an add on youtube or facebook. In my case stupid friend opened up a blank email.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back