So where to buy Camera stuff???

nis14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I want to get a new Camera (looking at the D80). I'm somewhat on a budget and the lowest legit price that I was able to find is $710 for just the body. Are there any other places that you guys frequent, that have decent prices???

So I want to get a new Camera (looking at the D80). I'm somewhat on a budget and the lowest legit price that I was able to find is $710 for just the body. Are there any other places that you guys frequent, that have decent prices???

www.bhphoto.com is good. Fast, secure, good support team. They have the body for 729! Not too much more for peace of mind.

A lot of people here like B&H and Adorama (links at the top) -- those are the two that are most frequently recommended. Beach Camera is also good, and I've ordered from Canoga Camera as well. And Amazon.com is also always an option.

If you're going with someone else, it's always good to check out their reseller ratings feedback -- www.retailerratings.com.

Best of luck!

Also, if you're okay with used, you could check your local craigslist. If you live in a larger city, you could probably find what youre looking for. (My craigslist is rather mediocre :( )

All ritz cares about is selling, the people in there (at least here) don't know jack other than what it takes to sell you whatever they are pushing. Same with circuit city and best buy (best buy price matches, though, just make sure you know what you want before you go)

I think the best place is B&H, but the actual store is a little overwhelming.

I ordered from ritz's online store so I didn't actually talk to anyone. I already knew what I wanted. Other than my 40d being backordered, I had no problems with delivery, or anything. They didn't even charge my card till it was in stock and shipped out to me.

I just got ticked off the at them twice, thats all. Went I was looking for my 400d the salesman kept pushing a D40 kit they had on sale. I had already done my homework and I didn't want that one, but he just wanted to make the sale. Another time I went in there looking for some UV filters and cleaning supplies and they didn't have squat.

I feel the same way about Best Buy and Circuit City, although Best Buy did sell me a 430EX Speedlite for 260. I figured that was about what B&H would have been after shipping (or a train ticket)

Just do your homework and you'll be fine...

All ritz cares about is selling, the people in there (at least here) don't know jack other than what it takes to sell you whatever they are pushing. Same with circuit city and best buy (best buy price matches, though, just make sure you know what you want before you go)

I think the best place is B&H, but the actual store is a little overwhelming.

Ritz can be ok but it varies from place to place. One of the women who works at the one in my town is very good and actually talks newbies out of stuff they don't need all the time. But the other is a total idiot. However, since you already know what you want, Ritz/Wolf/affiliates can be ok. If they have a lower price, take it.

If you are getting the D80...you might want to hold on for another month or two to see if the price drops any more. I got mine last July and it has dropped $300 since then.

Most reactions

Back