Sol (CC please. Spent about 6 hours on this!)

Ohhhh... That is very nice. 6 hours seems a bit long though but I know what it's like to go for perfection.

Very nice! C&C per request:

Things I particularly like:
- The colors and arrangement of the balloons. They work very well with the overall tones of the image. I particularly like the mixture of transparent orange and opaque blue.
- The sky. There's enough going on to make it interesting, but there's not so much contrast in the sky that it steals attention from the subject.
- Her pose. Well done capturing the feeling that she is hanging from the balloons.

Things I'd like to see:
- With her looking down so severely, I would like to see more separation between her and the ground. I suspect she is higher off the ground than she appears, but because the dark plants of the foreground extend for such a distance to the rear, the perceived ground line (the transition between the plants and the faded hills in the distance) is closer to her feet making her appear not as high.
- You might want to consider cropping from the right. If you crop to about the horizontal center of the image, to remove all the trees on the horizon on the right, you will
-- Still have her off center, but now facing into the frame rather than out of it,
-- Remove some context to the depth of the image, making it appear more as if she is floating above an endless plain (and actually helping make her appear higher in the air).

Overall very nice!

nicely done! I agree the translucent balloons help "sell it"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back