Soligor Lens???

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently found a Soligor 85-205 f/3.8 Macro lens for very cheap. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this lens or brand by chance. I have a D300s, so I think my camera will still auto-focus with it (not sure?). I've been looking for a macro lens and I just found this. Even though its really cheap, I don't want to buy it if it isn't worth it.

Thanks!

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Soligor was a popular third-party lens 30 years ago...and an 85-205mm f/3.8??? THAT spec sound like 1977 to me...are you sure it's autofocus??? The focal length range and the odd max aperture make me suspect it is a manual focus lens.

OP
J

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It could very well be manual focus; I can't find too much information on it. Obviously autofocus is going to be ideal, but is it a necessity?

Pencil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timhenselphotography.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If it was a good quality bit of glass to start with and hasn't e.g. gone mouldy inside or anything like that then I'd have no problems with a 40-year old lens - if it's the right lens for the job!

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I haven't seen that brand since back in the day. Like others have said, I doubt it will auto-focus. Zooms of that vintage were not very good, don't expect much.

Most reactions

New Topics