Some Bokeh in the fog this morning...

I 'think' from memory they were taken with the Nikkor 105mm Macro.

Living in NY you have the opportunity of renting lens (I wish we could in Oz) I'd rent a 200-500mm for a week or a weekend and see how you manage it.

I 'think' from memory they were taken with the Nikkor 105mm Macro.

Living in NY you have the opportunity of renting lens (I wish we could in Oz) I'd rent a 200-500mm for a week or a weekend and see how you manage it.
i am all the way up in New York State.. nothing close here... all wide open country.. nearest store for camera equipment 1 1/2 hours away..

Photo Lady, I liked these three images and don't feel that they needed to be lighter. One person commented that not all the berries were in focus. I don't feel that's important. The important aspect is that you've achieved as best focus as possible on the bird's eye. It's an aspect with which I have lots of difficulty. My go to lens is only 200mm on a crop factor sensor so effectively 300mm and focusing when at its limit on a small and far subject is tough to get right.
Does your camera have the ability to show a small histogram in the viewfinder? If so using that might help you achieve what you want artistically. If you want a darker image it'll let you know that. If you want something higher key without blowing highlights, it can get you close to that. Don't get locked into what's "right." And even though I've mentioned using a histogram, don't let that rule your exposures, especially if we try to get an "even" spread through a histogram. Often the best images are those which might be weighted to either left or right.

Photo Lady, I liked these three images and don't feel that they needed to be lighter. One person commented that not all the berries were in focus. I don't feel that's important. The important aspect is that you've achieved as best focus as possible on the bird's eye. It's an aspect with which I have lots of difficulty. My go to lens is only 200mm on a crop factor sensor so effectively 300mm and focusing when at its limit on a small and far subject is tough to get right.
Does your camera have the ability to show a small histogram in the viewfinder? If so using that might help you achieve what you want artistically. If you want a darker image it'll let you know that. If you want something higher key without blowing highlights, it can get you close to that. Don't get locked into what's "right." And even though I've mentioned using a histogram, don't let that rule your exposures, especially if we try to get an "even" spread through a histogram. Often the best images are those which might be weighted to either left or right.
Thank you John .. this is very helpful, and i will try to watch this next chance i get.. one thing i do try to do is get a good focus on the birds eye and for the most part leave the rest to chance over all.. so i am glad that it is noticed by you..i learned that through practice and this forum,,more learning every day..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back