some boring product stuff

doxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markushartel.com
that I did yesterday for a client... went over there and forgot my CF card reader :irked: how silly is that :roll: . So I took a few pics over there and photoshopped the rest at home...

composed.jpg

that's really great. I'm really into product photography b/c it takes alot of paying attention to detail.

Nice shot. I've done tons of commercials with product shots and they can be some of the most grueling shots. It's really tough to get exactly what you want. Seems like you did. Good job.

alexanderhip said:
I'm the opposite, i prefer an uncontrollable setting.
same here... anything that takes more than 30seconds to setup isn't worth photographing :p. I think of photography as like capturing a special moment in time. If the setting was 'manufactured', it feels almost corny! Almost as corny as learning the exact dance choreography to a music video and using it at a club.

anyway, it's a good product pic :).

Nice product picture, but I too must admit that I am a fan of photographing uncontrollable elements.

To me the uncontrollable is more grueling... at any time something can change and either make or wreck the shot.

I disagree. Sounds like a copout to me. If you only take pics of uncontrollable situations...then you can never be disappointed and you always have something else to blame. You can avoid really devoleping your skill and your forever "just practicing".

Taking a job to perform a certain skill is very demanding and you have to be at the top of your game. Keep it up Doxx.

I do whatever my clients require. :wink: grueling or not, it's a job and it pays the bills... It might be a little bit different when we talk about photography as a hobby... :roll:

btw. I did the colored multiples in photoshop since we had just one (purple) sample

metroshane said:
I disagree. Sounds like a copout to me. If you only take pics of uncontrollable situations...then you can never be disappointed and you always have something else to blame. You can avoid really devoleping your skill and your forever "just practicing".

Taking a job to perform a certain skill is very demanding and you have to be at the top of your game. Keep it up Doxx.

I agree 100%. It's tough to get exactly what you want when you have to manufacture it from the bottom up. Sure, it's a lot of fun to just run around and shoot what you see. Heck, I do it all the time! But when you're given a specific task and you pull it off, it's very satisfying. It may not be as free and easy as shooting in an uncontrollable situation, but it takes a lot more patience and persistence. Making things look easy is VERY hard, and doxx did a great job with this shot.

Doxx: iagree.
I think that a job is a job, and you have some rules to be follow, if you want to take uncontrolable shot, go out side in your day off, cause the clients pays, and a job is not a hobby. Some time i have to do boring things, and i don`t like it, but it`s the way it is.

I like the shot, composition looks good for me, but, i see some diferent colour where the earphones are, like the colour layer (white), is diferent from the one behind, like some very little shadows, I hope you undestand my rusty english.

ikyut

Most reactions

New Topics

Back