pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kingston 32gig thumb drive. Five bucks.

K32Gig.jpg

Gotta love saving money!
money-2.gif

lol, you should run a recovery on it.

ALSO, consider why it was only 5 bucks. Wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong with it, otherwise why would you get rid of a 32GB flash drive?

BTW, i regularly use a 32MB flash drive. Yes, you read that right, MB.
acpggfze6cku.pnh

Yes Sparky, Craigslist is a veritable playground for the people who sell stolen merchandise from car and residential burglaries. $5 32-gig flash drives...$3 DVDs...$22 car GPS units...$40 G.Loomis fishing rods...$75 golf club sets...$500 Nikon D700s...etc.,etc..

I'd take a $500 D700!!!!!

I don't live in the US so I won't get caught with the serial number. On the other hand, I should introduce myself as a Nigerian Prince when I write to those sellers...

Yes Sparky, Craigslist is a veritable playground for the people who sell stolen merchandise from car and residential burglaries. $5 32-gig flash drives...$3 DVDs...$22 car GPS units...$40 G.Loomis fishing rods...$75 golf club sets...$500 Nikon D700s...etc.,etc..

He told me he did tech support for businesses. They upgraded to portable hard drives.

lol, you should run a recovery on it.....

I did. Some random files for which I don't have the software for, and some pix of telcom closets, equipment racks, etc. Oh, and one thumbnail of an orange cat.

ALSO, consider why it was only 5 bucks. Wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong with it, otherwise why would you get rid of a 32GB flash drive?

See above.

All in all, seems legit to me. Now put your paranoas to bed.

Wait, so he sold company obsolete equipment on craigslist? It may be consented but probably not!

One of the companies I work for had this cabinet full of old 35mm and medium format cameras that have been forgotten for ages. I asked around how I can make them mine and no one had the answer because apparently the stupid procurement policies only stated how to buy things but never thought about the problem of obsolete technology. Should have just kept some since no one cared.

But good for you on such a deal. Those things probably fun for $15 at micro center or something affordable. Just remember to wipe all traces of finger prints or DNA off the plastic housing!

Wait, so he sold company obsolete equipment on craigslist? It may be consented but probably not!.........

Jeez, are you folks cowering in the corner!

What's wrong with a company upgrading, and just giving the old, obsolete stuff to the employees because it would cost the company more to deal with it otherwise than what it's worth?

One place I worked at years ago got all new computers and offered me all their old stuff. 5 complete desktops, monitors, keyboards, mice, etc. I turned 'em down, though.

Most reactions

Back