Some for critique

Eclectix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent trip to Las Vegas. The blown glass art is on the ceiling at the Bellagio hotel.

$00IMG_3051 1100p.JPG . $00IMG_3069 1100p.JPG

Welcome to the site.

#1 seems a little dark, can you up the exposure without blowing out the highlights too much?

#2 isn't too bad, I personally think you don't need as much of the water in the foreground. I say this because there isn't a clean reflection of the tower. You could also crop out the Bally's sign without cutting off any of the other buildings attached to the tower.

#1, sure, no problem. Here's a brighter exposure of that image. Better?

$00IMG_3051 1000p.jpg

#2, I'll try that crop and see how it looks.

And thanks!

I do prefer it. Sometimes I get too close to a photo and any change I make seems to be "wrong" until I get some distance, and often I need a second set of eyes to see what I am too close to see.

Here is a cropped version of the second image- I think I prefer it, too. I was reluctant to eliminate the splash of color that the neon sign gave the image, but I don't know why, because it's really more distracting than helpful.
$00IMG_3069 v2 1100p.jpg

Photos are okay but they dont look much like HDR.

Second crop on the tower is sweet. Nice work

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for all of the input! It is all very much appreciated.

Photos are okay but they dont look much like HDR.

My guess is that this is probably because I try to compose an image that doesn't result in an image that looks highly saturated or otherwise manipulated. I love the greater depth of visible detail that HDR offers in highlights and shadows, but I try to balance this against making it look heavily processed. I guess my approach is a bit more subtle than most. For the sake of comparison, here are the images at a single exposure without any bracketing- you can see that there is a lot less visible range in them:

$zIMG_3051 600p.JPG$zUntitled 600p.JPG

No issues here with a subtle approach to HDR, like the second shot with the new crop

Most reactions

Back