Some good ones?

i do believe this is the "beginner forum & gallery" .... unless im mistaken?
Yes but they keep making the same mistakes, the first thing i would do is read all the posts to see what comments have been made about other shots and learn, every day there are leaves and parts of trees and lots of out of focus shots

I apoligize, your comments a generally negative so i saw it in a differant perspective. I will say you could be less critical! lol

Most people learn better by telling them everything they did wrong. IJS.

I hope i havn't upset everyone again :D
nah it's just that people always tell me not interesting but i don't know what is? you know to some it may to some it may not and to be honest it wasn't that interesting to me i just have nothing else to photograph so i try to photograph something dull in a creative view but it doesn't really work so if ne one has some creative ideas i'll see what i can do

i try to photograph something dull in a creative view but it doesn't really work

Out of curiosity, what about the shots you posted do you think is creative?

well i like the trees cause it really pops with the background and i posted two more
1. a butterfly with glass in the middle just creative in the first place
2. the empty chair going through my brain i felt was creative cause it's like well who should be there? what should be there? why aren't they there? was what i was thinking when i took the pic

all of the pictures you posted - besides the leaf, the leaf is only partially focused - are in focus from what I can see, yet at the same time they are somewhat boring.

I think you should try doing some editing after the fact, like making the old truck picture sharper and and maybe b&w, perhaps contrasting and slightly brightening the leaf a bit... play around with the pictures on photoshop and see what kind of editing you can do to make them better, more interesting.

I'm a beginner too... just giving my opinion ;)

all of the pictures you posted - besides the leaf, the leaf is only partially focused - are in focus from what I can see, yet at the same time they are somewhat boring.

I think you should try doing some editing after the fact, like making the old truck picture sharper and and maybe b&w, perhaps contrasting and slightly brightening the leaf a bit... play around with the pictures on photoshop and see what kind of editing you can do to make them better, more interesting.

I'm a beginner too... just giving my opinion ;)
opinions and C&C always welcomed i just hate when people just say boring and give no explanation why or how to fix it! yes i would have done photoshop if i had it after i get a few paychecks and my money is all straight i'll look into getting some

nah it's just that people always tell me not interesting but i don't know what is? you know to some it may to some it may not and to be honest it wasn't that interesting to me i just have nothing else to photograph so i try to photograph something dull in a creative view but it doesn't really work so if ne one has some creative ideas i'll see what i can do

If you are wanting to shoot the mundane try taking a look at Stephen Shore and William Eggleston, i used to only shoot sport

If you are wanting to shoot the mundane try taking a look at Stephen Shore and William Eggleston, i used to only shoot sport
thanx bro

Perhaps the things you shot were interesting enough, but the way you shot them, to me at least, was not at all creative. I'm a big fan of foreground and natural framing. None of your shots use this. The background in all but the leaf is distracting or uninteresting. I think you are picking subjects that are interesting enough, but it seems like you need to take 5 or 10 more minutes of just thinking and looking around with what you have at your disposal before you open the shutter.

Perhaps the things you shot were interesting enough, but the way you shot them, to me at least, was not at all creative. I'm a big fan of foreground and natural framing. None of your shots use this. The background in all but the leaf is distracting or uninteresting. I think you are picking subjects that are interesting enough, but it seems like you need to take 5 or 10 more minutes of just thinking and looking around with what you have at your disposal before you open the shutter.

ok so how could i make what i took more creative?

What settings are you using with the camera? Are you using the presets ? are you setting manually? What is your exposure for the shots-like ISO, F Stop etc. Those tidbits of information would help us to better advise you.

The first image (Butterfly)- sky detail is blown
In the 2nd image (the chair) is also over-exposed. I would also have shot the chair at more of an angle instead of almost straight on. To give it more interesting shadows and detail, try shooting this in early morning or early evening before the sun goes down. Nothing happens overnight in the world of photography, it takes time and patience. Keep on practicing and in time your images will get better and better. if you point your camera at a portion of the sky just to the side of the subject tpress the shutter 1/2 way then recompose your shot on the subject(without letting go of the shutter button) then you will expose for both the topic and the BG sky, that alone would make it more interesting.

To make any of those images above more interesting, try several different angles to see what works best. The less of background distractions included, will give more emphasis on your main subject. I hope this helps.

Also there is a free program available called "GIMP" just google it and you can use it instead of Photoshop. It accepts all the plug-ins for photoshop and is very good for a free program.

Last edited:
What settings are you using with the camera? Are you using the presets ? are you setting manually? What is your exposure for the shots-like ISO, F Stop etc. Those tidbits of information would help us to better advise you.

The first image- sky detail is blown
In the 2nd image the chair is also over-exposed. I would also have shot the chair at more of an angle instead of almost straight on. To give it more interesting shadows and detail, try shooting this in early morning or early evening before the sun goes down. Nothing happens overnight in the world of photography, it takes time and patience. Keep on practicing and in time your images will get better and better.

aight ao what im gunna start doing is creating a journal but today f stop was at 10 and iso is 800

I think your composition needs some work, do you know what the rule of thirds is? You can either look it up online or get learning to see creatively by Bryan Peterson (I thought it was a great book, I recommend you do this)

Also before you post images on here try and C&C them yourself (someone made a thread about this a few days ago but I couldn't find a link) before you post them here. If you are happy with them and want further comments then post them here.

You need to figure out why you like a particular photo, then enhance those qualities. If you like the log with the fungus, get closer. If you like that tree, sit down, turn you camera vertically and shoot from the bottom up....emphasizing how big the tree is. Make sense?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back