Some High Speed Water Drop Shots

It's really easy if you just wing it 'til something works like I do! I got a little impatient so I grabbed my contact solution and camera and tried it at 1/200 with flash...it's definitely got potential.

If that's the case, I'll definitely give it a try when I have some free time.

It was tough using one hand to drip and the other to shoot. I have some ideas for other shots as well as a light box improvement. More to come tomorrow hopefully!

What about using a wireless remote or the camera timer?

Looking forward to your next batch.

I would just use a remote, it's pretty easy to time after you get the hang of it.

I managed to get a consistent drip from the sink of maybe a drop every 5-7 seconds and I just sat on the button either using continuous mode or just timing it as it wasn't too tough to time after a few tries. If you can get something set up like this, it's very easy with no extra equipment (just a tripod).

Ok, so I finally got around to taking a few more shots...this time with a utility knife blade and a 9-10? mm bearing (I couldn't find a marble).

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

Here's the album. High Speed Water pictures by redsox985 - Photobucket

[RANDOMNESS]And on the other end of the spectrum, I did some longer exposure stuff on a road trip home from Virginia Tech.
IMG_9685.jpg
[/RANDOMNESS]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back