Some hints or advice please?

Sebastian 16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Nikon D3000 and haven't taken any pictures yet. I've been using a PnS but used manual on it the whole time I had it. I was wondering if there are eny people on here who could give some hints on what this camera is capable of? ANd another thing is I want too mess around with HDR so will I need to buy software for that? Thank you ;)

I was wondering if there are eny people on here who could give some hints on what this camera is capable of?

The camera is capable of taking some jaw dropping shots, or some waste of hard drive space throw aways- the main variable is you.

As for the HDR, do a search for this- I came across some very good, detailed tutorials for this process here on TPF

Best advice I can give is to get out and start pressing the shutter release.

p!nK

this forum is chock full of great knowledge.
read read read. shoot shoot shoot.
read understanding exposure if you'd like to hone your understanding of the basics.
read it with your cam in hand and powered up.

shoot shoot shoot. :D

this forum is chock full of great knowledge.
read read read. shoot shoot shoot.
read understanding exposure if you'd like to hone your understanding of the basics.
read it with your cam in hand and powered up.

shoot shoot shoot. :D

aman hallelujah! spoken well brother. reading is ESSENTIAL! google, youtube, THIS PLACE! TPF is like a............ bible. filled with photography wisdom. search bar helps. seriously its helped me tooonnnsssss.

As far as HDR software, the best known name is hdrSoft's Photomatix Pro.

But your timing is good because they recently released Photomatix Light which is only $39 USD.

www.hdrsoft.com

It's to bad the D3000 doesn't have automatic exposure bracketing. That's a real boon to making the multiple exposures necessary for HDR work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back