Some Ladies of Comic Con Arizona

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last year was the first time I went to a Comic Con event and it was a ton of fun! This past weekend was the smaller of the 2 Arizona based Comic Cons and decided to head back down to get some pictures to promote my name.

I borrowed my friends Sigma 85mm f1.4. I think I fell in love! This might be my next purchase! :thumbup:

Feedback appreciated.

Here is the full set on my Flickr:
Amazing Comic Con 2013

1)

D70_3659 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

2)

D70_3703 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

3)

D70_3722 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

4)

D70_3681 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

5)

D70_3769 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

Not sure what super hero the first one is, but that outfit is working.

Not sure what super hero the first one is, but that outfit is working.

Ya, that's Jessica Nigri. She can make any outfit work! lol I think it's suppose to be a Harley Quinn based outfit.

These are cool! Only nit-pick is the second could use a bit more DoF. Would be nice to have the gun in focus too :)

That lens is deadly sharp at f/2. I'm not sure why you shot all of these wide open. You had plenty of shutter speed leeway.

#2 is probably my favorite subject but the headshot is probably your best. I really enjoyed these photos! Makes me want to go to comic con, with my luck those 5 would be the only women there. :p

That lens is deadly sharp at f/2. I'm not sure why you shot all of these wide open. You had plenty of shutter speed leeway.

Ya, I didn't need to shoot wide open. Since I was trying the lens for the first time, I really wanted to see how well it performed wide open before buying one. Plus, shooting wide open at 1.4 really gives it a unique look and it gets rid of all the distracting crap/crowd in the background :)

#2 is probably my favorite subject but the headshot is probably your best. I really enjoyed these photos! Makes me want to go to comic con, with my luck those 5 would be the only women there. :p

Thanks! Yes, you should go sometime! It's pretty fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back