Can you post what kind of gear you are using? Seems like there's a lot of interest in these and your kit would be helpful. You are quite the talented photographer. I love number 1 but 3 and 4 are nice too.
My gear consists of the nikon d70s with Tamron 90mm lens. For most of my non macro shots, I use the kit 18-70mm nikon lens. For flash, I use the sb-600. I have a macro guide on my site which is very popular that explains how I use my equipment to get these shots and how I think when I go about taking my photos. Please have a look because you may get something out of it.
That's about all the equipment I have though, I'm looking into the sigma 30mm 1.4 but I don't have much money right now as Japan is a little expensive. I'm going travelling tomorrow and will return in 4 days with hopefully lots of photos :mrgreen: