What's new

Some of my first photos - Feedback is welcome!

Serty

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Location
Denmark
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi :)
I took some photos from my new DSLR today. Im a freaking noob using a kit lens and im looking for some feedback!

These are my favorites that are somewhat in focus.
imgur: the simple image sharer
 

Attachments

  • $Shoe.webp
    $Shoe.webp
    875.7 KB · Views: 176
Ummm... just going by the one posted here, I would highly suggest finding a more interesting subject to photograph. When you walk around, when you see something you like, that you find nice or interesting, stop and take a photo. Then explore other angles of the same thing. And take more photos.

I'm having a hard time believing that you felt your shoe was a worthy subject for a photo :)

Maybe if you took it off your foot, put it in the middle of a winding road at sunset... then that would work :)
 
@bigtwinky - That's basicly my problem xD I can't really find anything interessting to take a photo of, i can't really find anything.. - There's a link with 2 other photo's.
And do you think i setup the camera correctly, to much noise and stuff like that. I know the photo is completely off but i'm still getting used to that.
 
@bigtwinky - That's basicly my problem xD I can't really find anything interessting to take a photo of, i can't really find anything.. - There's a link with 2 other photo's.
And do you think i setup the camera correctly, to much noise and stuff like that. I know the photo is completely off but i'm still getting used to that.

Easier to tell with the actual settings, but generally the noise seems to be tolerable, but the image quality and focus are kind of soft, which is typical with a kit lens.
The lens cap photo is too contrasty.

I'd highly suggest reading something like Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure. A great book for beginners :)
 
@bigtwinky - I can't find the settings anywhere :p - I'll get a completely new kit after i get the last 200 bucks so i'll get a better camera, new lenses and stuff like that ;)
- I'll make sure to check out the book/guide ;)
 
I like the second image in the link you posted - the one of the tree bud.

All three are similar pictures - close up, shallow depth of field. The difference is that the tree bud is a more interesting subject all by itself than a lens cap and a sneaker. As suggested, a lens cap or a sneaker in a wider context might be more interesting if they tell a story ("What the hell is that sneaker doing there?" for example.)

I'm afraid there's no good way to ask this question without sounding rude, so let me first add the disclaimer than I do NOT mean this to be a rude question. So here's the question: if you can't find anything interesting to take a picture of, why are you interested in photography? What is your purpose in taking pictures?
 
Serty; welcome to the forum! Your Sony does have settings. The knob on top is probably the first thing you check, and then go into the menus to make further settings.

BTW: you are going to get a different camera, but that one you have is not junk. Use it , learn it, learn how to compose an interesting photograph, and when you get a different camera you will know what to do.
 
@limr - I don't know if it's the photography itself i find "interesting" i love technology and i relaxe when im out in the nature taking photos :) It's not really taking the photos it's the whole feel about it, playing with technology and relaxing :)
 
@Designer - I pretty much know what all the stuff does, but not how to use it probally :) - I'm getting a new camera because i wan't a flip screen and a brand with more accesories so im not stuck with a very small amount of lenses, hardly any flashes, no battery grip etc. when i have spend a lot of mony into the sony branding.
 
If you are going to invest money, invest on a waaaay better lens than upgrading the body. Both have their merits, dont get me wrong, but lenses make a huge difference in the image quality, focus speed and so on. The body, while it has some nice bells and whistles, is rarely used to it's full potential by most photographers :) ... and usually upgraded every 2-3 years
 
@IzzieK - Thanks for the link i'll make sure to save the guide for further reading, it's defiently very informative!
 
Serty.......... I'm a big techno geek too. Once I find new gadgets, it's no-holds barred! I'm not a lot better than a year ago when I started, but I can see a slight improvement. And I'm noticing that I'm starting to see things in framing a shot that I didn't use to. It just takes time. And experience with your camera. And taking a lot of photographs!! Most go in the bin, but the pretty good one every now and then makes you look at it closer, and to learn "why" it was better than most. Have fun!!
 
@snerd - I guess i'll just have to jump into and have practice a **** ton ;)
- Thx!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom