Some of my first photos - Feedback is welcome!

@limr - I don't know if it's the photography itself i find "interesting" i love technology and i relaxe when im out in the nature taking photos :) It's not really taking the photos it's the whole feel about it, playing with technology and relaxing :)

@snerd - I guess i'll just have to jump into and have practice a **** ton ;)
- Thx!

Fair enough. The process is important to you, and you already understand that. I think once you figure out a more specific purpose when it comes to the final product, then it will be easier to 'see' the shots that you want to take.

I also think that maybe you should wait on new gear until you figure out that purpose, because then you can focus more on the gear that will help you achieve it.

For example, I love seeing the bird shots that a lot of these members take, but I don't enjoy taking those kinds of shots, so I know that I don't ever really have to bother with getting lenses with longer focal lengths, or a camera that has really high shutter speeds and photo bursts. I focus my spending on the gear that can help me take the shots that I really want to take.

Though having said that, I suppose getting something that, right out of the box gives you more options and flexibility, that equipment can help you experiment and help you find the kind of pictures you like to take.

Either way, whatever you have or eventually buy, your last statement is absolutely the truth - jump in and shoot! :)

Focus less on the gear purchasing and more on learning the gear that you have. Invest in a good lens, learn to use it well, then start adding in to the gear inventory you own.
It is so easy to just up and purchase a bunch of different lenses, but build your kit based on your actual needs. :)

Unfortunately, you say your issues are that you can't find anything interesting to shoot. Getting a new camera will not solve that issue unfortunately. Instead of wasting money buying cameras and lenses, work with what you have and then decide what you need/want in a new camera body/lens setup.

Just my honest opinion, but a camera will not magically make things better for you, if your main issue is finding subjects or having "the eye"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back