Some of my first photos!

^^ Much better. I don't mind an overall dark picture, but there should be enough light to make out the subject without squinting :) Here, there's clearly some light falling on the deer from the right side of the frame and that at least should show up and help distinguish the deer from the background.

Look at the first picture on this page: Izlo?ba: Joco ?nidar?i? ? I feel Slovenia | Fotografija.hr

The photo was quite bright I darkened it in Light Room, I don't know why I always go for the darker side of things. So this input is great! I will make some changes tonight and post them!

That's not helpful or very nice.

how is that not very nice....

Because it's the kind of thing that you say when you think something is crappy and can't think of a single nice thing to say about it. It's condescending.

If you don't like the pictures, that's fine, but if you're going to bother posting, perhaps it would be more useful - and nicer - to explain why you don't like it so the OP can get some useful information out of it.

who said i didn't like it.... ??

how is that not very nice....

Because it's the kind of thing that you say when you think something is crappy and can't think of a single nice thing to say about it. It's condescending.

If you don't like the pictures, that's fine, but if you're going to bother posting, perhaps it would be more useful - and nicer - to explain why you don't like it so the OP can get some useful information out of it.

And therein lies the issue. You didn't type out the words, "I don't like them" but you did use a phrase that, though social convention, often functionally implies the same thing. It's ambiguous. Useful feedback shouldn't be ambiguous.

I was going to agree with baturn, and then I saw Designer's edit and really really liked it that way.

If the original photo was much brighter, though, try to back off on your darkening things. Don't lose too much detail. For wildlife you want to be able to see fur, whiskers, feet, etc. if you can.

But I liked the angle of the light a lot.

And therein lies the issue. You didn't type out the words, "I don't like them" but you did use a phrase that, though social convention, often functionally implies the same thing. It's ambiguous. Useful feedback shouldn't be ambiguous.

the OP didn't ask for anyones opinion.. The phrase is neutral, your negative persona make you read it as negative... [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I went over it again, how is it now?

$Capture.JPG

the OP didn't ask for anyones opinion.. The phrase is neutral, your negative persona make you read it as negative...

No?

I got a Canon Rebel T3i for Christmas, it's my first camera and it has been a lot of fun!:mrgreen:
Here are a few of my better photos, what do you think?:D

I went over it again, how is it now?

View attachment 73799

That looks nice, though perhaps Designer's edit had a touch more contrast to bring out the light that's falling on the deer?

I personally prefer the wider crop - I like that sort of ombre effect on the top of the frame - but this one looks good too. And really, these are all fairly minor tweaks. The important things in the photo are already there - good eye contact, sharp focus, composition...well done :)

Here are some of my other photos, tell me what you think of them I love the input!:D

1 Red tailed hawk
$Capture 1.JPG

2 Red tailed hawk
$Capture 2.JPG

3 Zoo
$Capture 3.JPG

4 Zoo
$Capture 4.JPG

As for the new ones you posted, same as in the Kansas thread, there's definitely a strong blue in all of them, and they are again a bit dark. What was your white balance set at when you shot these? Someone also suggested your monitor might need calibrating.

Based on what you've posted in this thread and the other one, I'd say that your focus and compositions are strong, but the exposures and white balance need work.

Are you by chance using a laptop computer to edit on? Perhaps one with the brightness turned way up? All of these photographs are very, very, VERY dark. They also have an overall heavy blue tint as well as a very heavy vignette. If that's the way you want them that's fine, they are your photos. But others are just going to see them as dark and blue and heavily vignetted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back