Some of my Photos.. what ya think?

sapphirebluejojo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures I have taken. Please look and let me know what you think. thanks..

moses.jpg

Lukeblackandwhite.jpg

Lilyinbasket.jpg

Ashlanelukelilyblackandwhite.jpg

alllookinglily.jpg

First, they are all out of focus.

The first one gives me the creeps a bit? Is she putting her baby down the river??

No, NO!! She is supposed to be "pulling" the baby out of the water.
You know... Moses was in a basket in the water. It was supposed to look a lil like that.

#1 Far too much saturation and WB is off, greens are too yellow, soft
#2 Some people like the selective color effect, others don't. Good job on the effect, but like #1, pic is soft
#3 Again, good job on the SC, but this pic would be better, IMVHO, all B/W or all color. Again, a tad soft, and over saturated.
#4 Not a bad concept, but beyond soft and into blurry.
#5 I like the composition, but again, the saturation is over the top.

and What do you mean out of focus?
I know #4 is a lil blurry, but that is bc the baby was moving around. Plus my camera is new and I havnt figure out how to stop it from being blurry some times.

They are all seem to be out of focus. Plus the temparature is all wrong. The selective coloring was not done tastefully either.

and What do you mean out of focus?
I know #4 is a lil blurry, but that is bc the baby was moving around. Plus my camera is new and I havnt figure out how to stop it from being blurry some times.

What camera do you have? You really need to read the whole manual and experiment.

#2 Some people like the selective color effect, others don't. Good job on the effect, but like #1, pic is soft
#3 Again, good job on the SC, but this pic would be better, IMVHO, all B/W or all color. Again, a tad soft, and over saturated.

Ok, what do you mean by saturated and too soft?
"WB"?
"IMVHO"?

I don't know if it is my computer but the colors are dreadful. Neon yellow grass? Orange hues on the last one. totaly out of focus on all.

Nice Family! The water pic. would have been cool if the water would have been clear.
(I think, i am new to this ) wildrice

"WB"?
"IMVHO"?

Saturation is the "boldness" or "vividness" of your colors. When you look at grass, is it really that color (pic #1), is your skin really that orangish red?

Soft means it's slightly out of focus (OOF)

WB is white balance. Read your manual, look up White Balance.

IMVHO, In My Very Humble Opinion.

You really need to sit down and spend some time with your manual. It's your best friend. There will be a lot you don't understand right now, like metering and what the different metering modes do, etc., but in time you'll begin to understand all of those things, and more importantly, how to use all of those settings to get the results you want.

It would also be helpful if you let us know what gear you're using.

Ok, well What do any you suggest that I do about all this.
Im just starting out, so I do not know much. Been trying to go to a photography class and learn somethings, but I have a two year old and it is hard to find a sitter.
Just wanting to know if you all think I have great ideas and help me with the not so great looks.

"WB"?
"IMVHO"?

Saturation is the "boldness" or "vividness" of your colors. When you look at grass, is it really that color (pic #1), is your skin really that orangish red?

Soft means it's slightly out of focus (OOF)

WB is white balance. Read your manual, look up White Balance.

IMVHO, In My Very Humble Opinion.

You really need to sit down and spend some time with your manual. It's your best friend. There will be a lot you don't understand right now, like metering and what the different metering modes do, etc., but in time you'll begin to understand all of those things, and more importantly, how to use all of those settings to get the results you want.

It would also be helpful if you let us know what gear you're using.

Ok, thanks.
Im using the Sony a230

Most reactions

New Topics

Back